Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   AA against LAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398313)

Entity 12-14-2005 01:05 PM

AA against LAG

Villain is a fairly LAGGY but seemingly winning regular at these games (NONER). Those who play at Absolute know what I mean. I play with him a ton so we definitely have history.

6-handed. UTG raises. Next to act folds. Bad LAG 3-bets next to act. I coldcap AA OTB. Noner calls 3.67 in the SB. BB folds. UTG and LAG both call. I table select good, and there are 4 of us to the flop for 17SB.

THe flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Noner checks. UTG checks. LAG checks. I bet. Noner checkraises. UTG folds. LAG folds. I call.

The turn is the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Noner bets. I raise. Noner 3-bets. Plan for rest of the hand? (Cap, call down, call/raise river...)

Also, any comments on flop play? Had I held black Aces I probably would have played it faster.

Rob

12-14-2005 01:17 PM

Re: AA against LAG

A turn cap is too much. Just call down, planning to raise an A, 2 or 3 on the river.

spydog 12-14-2005 01:20 PM

You capped preflop and took a pretty standard smooth-call the flop/raise the turn line which normally indicates a lot of strength. Everything you are communicating to him says that you have QQ/KK/AA and he still 3-bets you on the turn. Things aren't looking good. I just call down and hope to spike an Ace.

Lmn55d 12-14-2005 01:22 PM

same

spydog 12-14-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A turn cap is too much. Just call down, planning to raise an A, 2 or 3 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning or raising any 2 or 3 on the river then why not raise any card on the river? Do you really put him on 2-pair on the turn?

mscags 12-14-2005 01:25 PM

Why no cap preflop? If these guys are as bad as you claim then they will probably still pay you off either way right?

Lmn55d 12-14-2005 01:25 PM

my boy coldcapped

TStoneMBD 12-14-2005 01:27 PM

id just call the turn and call river. i wouldnt put in a raise there but since you did i think you can fold to the 3 bet. btw i know who noner is etc.

spydog 12-14-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id just call the turn and call river. i wouldnt put in a raise there but since you did i think you can fold to the 3 bet. btw i know who noner is etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems a little soft to me. You are putting him on QQ/22/33 after a flop checkraise? I think if you are going to fold to a turn 3-bet then you should 3-bet the flop and call down any further aggression. Or, call the flop CR, call the turn, and raise a scary river card (like a 3rd flush card).

gaming_mouse 12-14-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TS,

Don't you think that by the time he bet the turn, noner could have KK or AQ as well as QQ.

QQ - 3 combos
KK - 6 combos
AQ - 6 bomose

Rob is therefore a 4:1 favorite.
Raising the turn is essentially a win 1 extra vs lose 2 extra proposition, so doesn't he have odds to raise?