Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Strange email from my boss (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346286)

2planka 09-28-2005 03:44 PM

Strange email from my boss

I mentioned in a previous thread that my boss is all business, never jokes around, and is as square as they come. I'm trying to set up a meeting with folks from three of our plants and I'd like to have him participate. He responded that he can't meet today, but it's his stated reason why tomorrow is no good that has me scratching my head:

[ QUOTE ]
...This will not work for me I am running for a plane. I will be in office Friday. I am not sure I will be much use on the phone tomorrow since I do not know how long it will take the drugs to wear off.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

09-28-2005 03:45 PM

Re: Strange email from my boss

Dental appointment.

Shajen 09-28-2005 03:52 PM

Results from the previous thread?

2planka 09-28-2005 03:53 PM

He's traveling today. Apparently he'll be out tomorrow, too. Hope he enjoys himself tomorrow.

bholdr 09-28-2005 03:54 PM

obviously he's a coke runner.

or, he could have had a root canal and is typing this message from la-la land.

2planka 09-28-2005 04:02 PM

Maybe it was the "Fear and Loathing" post from earlier in the day, but I can just hear my boss:

"we were somewhere in the air, over Baltimore, when the drugs began to take hold..."

stabn 09-28-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was the "Fear and Loathing" post from earlier in the day, but I can just hear my boss:

"we were somewhere in the air, over Baltimore, when the drugs began to take hold..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Surgery...boring.

dtbog 09-28-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned in a previous thread that my boss is all business, never jokes around, and is as square as they come. I'm trying to set up a meeting with folks from three of our plants and I'd like to have him participate. He responded that he can't meet today, but it's his stated reason why tomorrow is no good that has me scratching my head:

[ QUOTE ]
...This will not work for me I am running for a plane. I will be in office Friday. I am not sure I will be much use on the phone tomorrow since I do not know how long it will take the drugs to wear off.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people take drugs to help them sleep on planes?

Either that, or he's an addict. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LetYouDown 09-28-2005 04:15 PM

Not to interject logic into OOT, but it's possible he gets air sickness and he takes something like dramamine.

jakethebake 09-28-2005 04:16 PM

I suggest hiring someome to follow him.