Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   When do you find a fold here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373048)

arcticfox 11-06-2005 05:32 PM

When do you find a fold here?

On 3rd I'm thinking I can get this heads up against 3 to a low when I'll be a favourite despite a dead queen, is this flawed? Is 4th too aggressive too?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.83 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (6.42 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.42 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (10.42 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (10.42 BB)

Andy B 11-06-2005 05:42 PM

Re: When do you find a fold here?

I think you played it about right. Really, the only questionable play is the raise on third. Especially with the low ante structure and a dead Queen, folding can't be far wrong. Raising to get it heads-up is fine, but you'd better be pretty sure that you'll get it heads-up. You don't want to be playing a big multi-way pot with a dead hand.

I think the three-bet on fourth was fine, and once he caps it, he's either (slightly) over-playing a big pair or he's rolled. It does get increasingly ugly from there, but I don't think there is any point at which you should really think about folding unless there's something about your opponent that you haven't told us.

I do hope you checked the river with the intention of calling.

arcticfox 11-06-2005 05:45 PM

Re: When do you find a fold here?

Yes, was going to make a crying call on the river, always do with pot that size and am sure its been heavily EV+ by doing it.

I guess my real question is about a fold on 5th given he may have either made a flush, have a set, or 4 to a wheel. Is the pot always big enough at that point to call even with a dead queen? Opponent was an averge player, bit loose if anything from the 30 minutes we'd been playing.