Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How much aggression is right? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377575)

Display Name 11-13-2005 02:57 PM

How much aggression is right?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No reads on MP1.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero . . .

Vote4Pedro 11-13-2005 02:59 PM

Re: How much aggression is right?

Raising this flop is a perfect example of bad aggression...I'm comfortable with folding this flop

11-13-2005 03:09 PM

I'm going to let this hand go before it gets out of control. You could possibly raise that flop once if the villain is awfully weak, but beyond that I think you have to accept you lost this one.

Stealthy 11-13-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No reads on MP1.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Folds. You have no hand, no draw and any possible outs are tainted beyond reason. Drop it without a second thought and move on.

Fryguy 11-13-2005 03:43 PM

This is weird that he donks into you instead of check/raising. Even still, you most likely aren't going to get him to fold, and he's probably got you beat. Easy fold.

ajm36 11-13-2005 04:02 PM

I think you can fold here. He may be betting the K or the flush draw. At most you have four outs (the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]and 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are shot) and the 10's may be gone altogether. Don't forget you may already be drawing dead. Fold here and save your money.

Display Name 11-17-2005 11:54 PM

thank you for your comments. I realize that the AT suited raise is wrong. Those clubs just looked so purty at the time.

By the way, I did fold the hand. I'm glad everyone thought it was the right play.

Regards
Bill

11-18-2005 12:10 AM

I'd fold. The pot is too small to chase your non-diamond outs. A reasonable single diamond won't fold here.

Greg J 11-18-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that the AT suited raise is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise this preflop everytime. Good flop fold.

11-18-2005 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising this flop is a perfect example of bad aggression...I'm comfortable with folding this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand this comment???

A suited Ace high with good kicker against one limping opponent and you wouldn't raise.

Seems like you would be ahead preflop a majority of the time.