Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   turn play against sudden aggression (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379353)

cfjr2 11-16-2005 01:08 AM

turn play against sudden aggression

No one has been crazy, mostly limp, in few raises PF but most will cold call or call any raise. norm is 3-4 to a flop when table is full.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(4 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

bet my bottom pair and get raised / called. I figure he has a J or Q but I have odds to call for the str8 or another T and a BDFD

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ??

I'm thinking someone made the nut str8 (or is this MUBS?) vs 2 pair (?) so is it ok to call for the flush draw (do I have implied odds?)
what if it is capped?
or do we just cap it ourselves?

istewart 11-16-2005 01:22 AM

Re: turn play against sudden aggression

Easy call here. Flop bet is pretty iffy.

cfjr2 11-16-2005 03:49 PM

can you elaborate? I am iffy on this one since if we assume it will be capped we will be putting in 3 more bets. So they contribute 8+4 in pot + 1 hero already donated = 13 which does not get us 4-1 we need to call a flush draw.
Do you think we can make up 3+ bets (3 to get to 4-1 + another 1 or 2 for when we get beat anyway)?

Thanks for the help I am very iffy on this one

milesdyson 11-16-2005 03:56 PM

you can't go back in time and take your call back. so do the math again. even if this gets capped you will be correct in calling two cold here with your flush outs.

cfjr2 11-16-2005 04:01 PM

Dam right doh
13.5 and I am only putting in 3 more for 4+ to 1

OK so do I cap it myself for deception purposes to make it look like I'm not on a flush draw?

milesdyson 11-16-2005 04:04 PM

no because you don't want the other guy to fold, since you surely don't have the best hand right now.

MrWookie47 11-16-2005 04:05 PM

If you knew for 100% certain that it was getting capped, I guess you could, but it's not best. I'd rather have someone betting into me on the river than two people who c/c or c/f. More importantly, since you don't know it's going to be capped, it's cheaper to call and hope it's not capped than it is to cap.

11-16-2005 04:17 PM

Grunch

I think this is a fold on the turn. You have a weak flush draw and the wrong end of the OESD. You are facing a lot of aggression so the worst hand you are facing is probably top pair.

But then again, Im learing limit still.

cfjr2 11-16-2005 05:08 PM

thanks everyone

I had a bad feeling I played this poorly.

I folded the 2 to me.
It was capped.

Results
River was a low [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6?)

showdown -
QQ wins over K hi !