Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Moving Up: What's my next step? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402434)

Sponger15SB 12-23-2005 02:39 PM

Re: Moving Up: What\'s my next step?

[ QUOTE ]
I sent an e-mail to Party asking for NL players to be given more points (currently all NL levels are equal to like .5/1 limit). Isn't the VIP program based on Party points? If it is, that's really lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL players pay less rake.

edge 12-23-2005 02:50 PM

Less than a 3/6 limit table?

Sponger15SB 12-23-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Less than a 3/6 limit table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm just saying in general, yo

DonButtons 12-23-2005 08:01 PM

If your relying on party points, your in trouble.

Also, stick to 10/20 nl short on party, and don't be lazy, and just get up when it gets over 6 people. And don't worry about ditching stacks under 4k, they come and go constantly. Might have to start most your tables heads up.

HoldEmKillah 12-23-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your relying on party points, your in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you are underestimating the value of said points. Do you have ANY idea how many beanies I can get? A fkin ton dude.

[ QUOTE ]
...just get up when it gets over 6 people. And don't worry about ditching stacks under 4k, they come and go constantly. Might have to start most your tables heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this the last 2 days and it sucks....bad. I get so aggravated having to bounce around all over the f'in place. F party 10/20 fer now. Oh, and bloodswtntears owns me.

HoldEmKillah 12-23-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
work harder on my game selection. this will definitely mean more time sweating instead of playing, but it should increase your winrate by quite a bit once you get the hang of it. i bet this will improve your game as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you do me a favor (and anyone else who wants to pipe in): Explain your process of game selection, especially across multiple sites. I need help with that.

Here's what I do: throw my name on the wait list for all NL1k 6max tables on party starting with highest pot avg first. Then, as I get seats reserved for me sit down only if there are NOT 2 or more good regulars in the game. Pretty sick formula I got huh?

edge 12-24-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I do: throw my name on the wait list for all NL1k 6max tables on party starting with highest pot avg first. Then, as I get seats reserved for me sit down only if there are NOT 2 or more good regulars in the game. Pretty sick formula I got huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I do. If I recognize some decent regulars and I have bad position, I find a new table. Otherwise I just go with it.