Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Skirted AKo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=162804)

Barry 12-16-2004 07:14 AM

Skirted AKo

Decent, but not great daytime Mirage 20/40. PokerBabe is in her usual 1 seat.

I'm in the BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 4 or 5 limpers to me, SB completes and I raise.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, Babe calls in MP, LMP (Clarkmeister described his table image as the same as mine) raises, folded to me, I just call, Babe calls.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, Babe checks, LMP bets, I call, Babe gives up and folds.

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, check, ugh....

garyc8 12-16-2004 08:13 AM

Re: Skirted AKo

My guess is that the LMP limper put you on an overpair and flopped top two.

JeffO 12-16-2004 09:09 AM

I play it the same until the babe folds on the turn. I then lead the river.

nummerfire 12-16-2004 09:31 AM

Does the subject line mean that you were not planning to checkraise ?

I do not think there is a big risk of a full.

And I am primitive enough to raise the turn.

Kim

Cornell Fiji 12-16-2004 11:08 AM

I think this might have been a case of Fancy Play Syndrome.

I would have lead the turn here and led the river too. (I assume you dont have anyone on the flush.) If I got raised on the turn I would check-call the river if unimproved.

mauisupaman 12-16-2004 11:37 AM

Barry,
Could re-raising the flop be considered? I would assume that LMP is raising either on a draw or can beat at least top pair and you are drawing to the nut flush and straight. Even if your opponent flopped a set you're still taking down the pot about a third of the time.

I would've 3-bet and lead the turn. Or in this instance CR the turn since it didn't look like you were getting an overcall from Babe.
A hui hou,
Adam

Joe Tall 12-16-2004 11:45 AM

I'd likely 3-bet his flop, knock out the babe and face the flop raiser heads up. After you missed a c/r on the turn (I hope), bet the river!

Peace,
Joe Tall

AceHigh 12-16-2004 08:39 PM

If this was Party 15/30, I would 3-bet the flop and lead the turn, and then bet the river.

Since it's live and the Mirage, not sure if that level of aggression would be good or not.

schroedy 12-16-2004 08:54 PM

After a couple of months of intense reading on this forum, I think I play too much like a girl (too? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), but I am just inclined to give position its due here. I don't like variance enough to get all aggressive with a big flush draw and a straight when a made flush is possible and the aggressor has position. Two more hands, and I will have position on him.

After the river check, I agree with the final read that put the flop raiser on top 2, thinking at worse against an overpair.