Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   stud high (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399772)

12-16-2005 04:41 PM

stud high

I'm wondering about my 5th street play in particular. He's probably made queens up, but I've got a live ace and a 4 flush. Is that enough to call?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (use internet explorer))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls ___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls ___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___brings-in ___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___folds

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___bets

6th Street - (5.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___bets

River - (7.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx ___checks

Total pot: (7.25 BB)

Results:
Total pot $29 | Rake $1

Hero: [Tc 2c Td Ac 8c Qh 8h] (two pair, Tens and Eights)

Seat 5: [5s Jc Jd Qs Qd 7h 3s] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)

Jeffage 12-16-2005 04:44 PM

Re: stud high

Easy call on 5th with the four flush and live ace. I probably would have completed when folded to me on third.

Jeff

BeerMoney 12-16-2005 05:49 PM

Simulation:
7-card Stud Hi: 500000 sampled outcomes
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Qs Js Qd Jd 3h 288835 57.77 211165 42.23 0 0.00 0.578
Ac Tc 8c 2c Td 211165 42.23 288835 57.77 0 0.00 0.422

According to this it looks like you win 42% of the time.
Given the 3 BB's in the pot, calling is fine..

Do you know how to use two dimes? Here's the website:

Rolands too loose.

benwood 12-16-2005 06:29 PM

On 5th,Although Q's up is his most likely hand,he could have 4 Q's only or just a pr.of Q's & a straight draw.It looks like your implied odds are good enough ro stay,imo.You have 7 clubs left,which hit 28 of the time with 2 draws,& there are 4 1/2 BB's in there now + you get about 2 more on average when you hit.And it's possible that you may win with just 2 small pairs.

benwood 12-16-2005 06:31 PM

Correction."2" Q's only.

Jeffage 12-16-2005 06:31 PM

Is it odd I don't use sites like this ever? I probably should, but never do. Just not wired for numbers I guess...though I'm trying to at least play with these things a little in the future.

Jeff

BTirish 12-16-2005 06:34 PM

Beer: you left out the dead clubs. If you put the guy on a Q's and J's, you also have to figure that the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is possibly in his hand. This drops your average equity to around 36%--still good enough to chase with implied odds, I think.