Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Is It Just Me? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369930)

John Cole 11-01-2005 08:19 PM

Is It Just Me?

Or did Bush's remarks on combatting bird flu sound very much like his remarks on fighting terrorism?

11-01-2005 08:34 PM

Re: Is It Just Me?

Another shot with no substance. Jeeze, can you not make your point(s) in some small resemblance to a case?

"Where's tha' beef?"

Autocratic 11-01-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another shot with no substance. Jeeze, can you not make your point(s) in some small resemblance to a case?

"Where's tha' beef?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Noting similarities in rhetorical technique may not be pertinent to you, but I'm sure some people would find it interesting.

11-01-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Where's tha' beef?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Noting similarities in rhetorical technique may not be pertinent to you, but I'm sure some people would find it interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whulllll, golllleeeeeee, Sparky, ex-cuuuu-uuuuse me!

Myrtle 11-01-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or did Bush's remarks on combatting bird flu sound very much like his remarks on fighting terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

....if it waddles like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck....

quack.....quack. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

John Cole 11-01-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it waddles like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck....

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a Rhode Island Red?

John Cole 11-01-2005 11:49 PM

I wasn't attempting "to make a case." Nor did I realize I was required to do so. However, I think if you hear his remarks, and substitute "terrorism" for "flu," you may be somewhat surprised at the general tenor and tone. For example, regarding the flu: "We have been given fair warning." By whom? By what? The first part of the plan calls for containment in the country of origin, with funds allocated to help natives deal with the outbreak.

tomdemaine 11-02-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first part of the plan calls for containment in the country of origin, with funds allocated to help natives deal with the outbreak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn thats so dumb. We should just let the free market deal with it.

Myrtle 11-02-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if it waddles like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck....

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a Rhode Island Red?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all of the roosters in Rhode Island drowed during last months deluge?

Dynasty 11-02-2005 01:26 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why this is such a big story.

Nobody has gotten this flu in the U.S. And, there have been recent reports which even say no bird has this flu.

I suppose, if you wanted to be a political hack, you could point out how many Democrats (Kennedy, Hillary) are crying "the sky is falling" on this flu yet critcize Bush when he is perceived to do the same thing concerning terrorism.