Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   J8o in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295923)

Tommy Angelo 07-19-2005 09:52 AM

J8o in BB

$40-80 game with all good players playing good. One player limped. The small blind called. I checked in the big blind with the jack of spades and the eight of diamonds. The flop was 8-3-2, all spades. I had top pair and a flush draw. The small blind checked. I bet. The limper folded. The small blind called. Headsup.

The turn was the ace of spades. The small blind checked. Your turn.

Tommy

highlife 07-19-2005 11:38 AM

Re: J8o in BB

[ QUOTE ]
$40-80 game with all good players playing good.

[/ QUOTE ]

why play at this table?

as for the hand, check the turn. bet the river if checked to.

BigEndian 07-19-2005 01:01 PM

Bet and fold to a raise. I can't believe you're being called on the flop with a naked ace by a good player so the turn is not a scare card to me.

If he had a decent hand on the flop he probably would have raised there since you bet into two players and it's likely you have a decent holding. I would put him on hands like 44, 55 or 66 since he didn't bet himself.

Any reason to suspect he would bluff CR the turn?

- Jim

DcifrThs 07-19-2005 01:03 PM

tommy,

this seems pretty clear so im probably missing something. i check the turn and call a river bet or bet if checked to.

-Barron

sfer 07-19-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reason to suspect he would bluff CR the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is key. Someone capable of doing that will bet the river if you check the turn, and you're not getting a whole lot of value otherwise from worse hands.

bobbyi 07-19-2005 01:16 PM

Check if he is capable of raising with a hand you are beating, else bet and fold to a raise.

Justin A 07-19-2005 01:22 PM

I don't see any other line to take but check behind on the turn, call a bet on the river or bet if checked to.

RicktheRuler 07-19-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any other line to take but check behind on the turn, call a bet on the river or bet if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy Angelo 07-19-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why play at this table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was practicing recreationalism.

Rick Nebiolo 07-19-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to look at the rest of the thread yet (my guess is somebody probably already mentioned it) but I thought one of your strengths was game selection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
One player limped. The small blind called. I checked in the big blind with the jack of spades and the eight of diamonds. The flop was 8-3-2, all spades. I had top pair and a flush draw. The small blind checked. I bet. The limper folded. The small blind called. Headsup.

The turn was the ace of spades. The small blind checked. Your turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check the turn 99% of the time. If my opponent checks the river I bet. If my opponent bets the river I call. IMO this makes the most money by saving bets when beaten and inducing bets or calls from worse hands when ahead.

~ Rick