Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What Are The Odds (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391396)

Matty 12-04-2005 09:25 PM

What Are The Odds

What are the odds that the President of our country is aware of the long-ago proven scientific fact that biologically speaking different human races do not exist?

Stu Pidasso 12-04-2005 09:35 PM

Re: What Are The Odds

How about [censored] neanderthalensis?

Stu

Matty 12-04-2005 09:38 PM

30,000 years ago.

I'm surprised everyone is saying they already knew. I guess my family is just stupid. My grandparents think Arabs are naturally more violent than other people which kinda sucks because I'm part Arab. For Christmas a couple years ago I scanned, copied and mailed them a chapter out of an evolutionary anthropology textbook but they dismissed it as liberal elitist bilge.

I thought I saw a prominent poster on these boards say something about African Americans being naturally less 'intelligent' than other races without being corrected but maybe it's a different site I'm thinking of.

PoBoy321 12-04-2005 09:47 PM

OT: It's pretty ridiculous when [censored] sapien gets censored.

Stu Pidasso 12-04-2005 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my family is just stupid. My grandparents think Muslims are naturally more violent than other people which kinda sucks.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this isn't what they meant?

Stu

cardcounter0 12-04-2005 10:04 PM

Observed intelligence and propensity to violence can be due to environmental and cultural reasons, and not due to genetics.

Matty 12-04-2005 10:06 PM

Yes because no one in my family is muslim, but some of us are part Arab and comments are always made. They also think my Korean friends need to be watched out for because they're "tricky", Black people are lazy / dumb, etc. Funny thing is I grew up believing these things too until around age 18.

12-04-2005 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the odds that the President of our country is aware of the long-ago proven scientific fact that biologically speaking different human races do not exist?

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds that I know are 0. I failed anthropology. I barely know what you are talking about.

I guess this means there is no such thing as racism?

Arnfinn Madsen 12-04-2005 10:28 PM

I have many bad things to say about Bush, but he don't seem to be racist. Why you think so?

Stu Pidasso 12-04-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is I grew up believing these things too until around age 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing funny about it, its perfectly normal. You form your beliefs either through your own personal experiences or you are taught them by others. Up until you were 18 you didn't really have control of either.

Stu