Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Turn Decision; Whats the Play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382326)

Vote4Pedro 11-20-2005 10:32 PM

Turn Decision; Whats the Play?

Very first hand at the table, PokerAce didnt have #'s on any of the players...

How are you guys handling this turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO...

McGahee 11-20-2005 10:37 PM

Re: Turn Decision; Whats the Play?

I like bet/call. Can't really fold to a 3-bet if you C/R I don't think.

jrz1972 11-20-2005 10:40 PM

I honestly don't think you lose much by mixing up sngs and crs here. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Aaron W. 11-20-2005 10:52 PM

How are you playing the turn if you don't pick up two pair?

11-20-2005 10:59 PM

We have no idea if this player is capable of the semi-bluff raise on flop w/ a flush draw. I would think that our hand is good here more times than not, so I'd just go for the c/r and call down a 3-bet. Obviously, bet out on the river, if called.

He could also just be raising a pair of 9s on flop or trying to be a "tricky bastard" w/ a good pocket pair by doing the LP limp. Maybe he does have a set or higher.

I tend to like to get extra bets in, but I'm unsure as whether or not this is good here against an unknown.

Vote4Pedro 11-21-2005 12:23 AM

How are you handling the turn if you dont pick up two pur?

ArturiusX 11-21-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you playing the turn if you don't pick up two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is hugely dependant on the turn card. Give me some cards and I'll tell you what id do.

DCWildcat 11-21-2005 12:29 AM

I'm not throwing 3 interceptions in 3 consecutive possessions and presenting my cornhole to Reggie Bush.

I'm probably SNGing this for fear of it not getting checked through. To me, fear of check through &gt; 1 extra bet.

Sorry, I had to say it. Y'all played a damn good game though, I was rooting for you the whole time.

11-21-2005 12:43 AM

I bet/call in this situation.

I call because there is a &gt;14% chance he has 2pr on the flop.

If I didn't pick up 2pr and turn was an under card [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet/fold.
If I didn't pick up 2pr and turn was an over card [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check /fold.

benkath1 11-21-2005 12:47 AM

I bet for value. If he was drawing, why would he raise and knock out the SB?