Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Official How'd you Get to Work in NYC Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401968)

12-20-2005 12:27 PM

Re: The Official How\'d you Get to Work in NYC Thread

With a windchill of 10 degrees this morning, I tip my hat to those who walked to work. You guys are tough.

DrSavage 12-20-2005 01:25 PM

Drive after 11 was fairly uneventful, some heavy traffic but less so than I expected. Took slightly over an hour for what's usually 30 minutes.

Voltron87 12-20-2005 01:27 PM

i just went out to get breakfast at 113th and bway, broadway going downtown is PACKED with cars. not really gridlocked, there is movement though. going uptown is nearly empty.

Ulysses 12-20-2005 01:37 PM

Paluka,

You don't have a subway pass?

danzasmack 12-20-2005 01:42 PM

If this thing is still on tommorow, I have to get from broome street to 55th street - any suggestions from those who made it through day 1?

pokerdirty 12-20-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1.34 miles by car, probably more on the order of a mile by foot. If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weather? It was like 30 degrees out this morning.

What do you do when it actually gets cold?

[/ QUOTE ]
omg you're sooooo normal!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Thinking 30 degrees isn't cold is not normal. What did you wear when you left your house today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans, sweater, t-shirt, boxers, socks, walking shoes, winter coat, scarf, gloves. It was cold but not unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear wifebeaters are the key to keeping SUPER warm...

http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/siihp/evan22.jpg

jb9 12-20-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this thing is still on tommorow, I have to get from broome street to 55th street - any suggestions from those who made it through day 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

PATH is running, so you could walk to Christopher or 9th St., take PATH to 33rd & 6th, walk from there. Not great, but better than walking the whole way.

Ulysses 12-20-2005 01:48 PM

Dirty,

Seriously, what is the deal? Why do you keep posting pictures of that little kid?

nolanfan34 12-20-2005 01:54 PM

LMAO, that's some funny [censored]. Kind of scared to know why you have that photo though.

mrkilla 12-20-2005 01:59 PM

break out the skateboard

sfer 12-20-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dirty,

Seriously, what is the deal? Why do you keep posting pictures of that little kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

Please refer to my new avatar for clarification.

Best Wishes

pokerdirty 12-20-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO, that's some funny [censored]. Kind of scared to know why you have that photo though.

[/ QUOTE ]

either my sarcasm meter is off, or you haven't read the onlinebootycall.com thread.

pokerdirty 12-20-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dirty,

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablow,

Certainly this picture is in the top 10 of your funniest/creepiest pics ever list?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],

P. Dirty

nolanfan34 12-20-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

either my sarcasm meter is off, or you haven't read the onlinebootycall.com thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, missed that one. Guess I'll have to check it out. mrs. nolanfan is never going to hook Evan up with one of her friends though if he's sending around creepy wife-beater pictures.

pooh74 12-20-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cab from brooklyn...walked 20 blocks. wasnt too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

how/where did you get a cab with 4 people in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

block from my apt....yellow cabs dont need 4 ppl. We got some random ppl along the way though, but the carpool rule only apllies to non-cabs.

Gandor 12-20-2005 02:37 PM

My girlfriend drove me to work from the east 80s to B'way and Houston. We left early figuring on there being traffic, but we actually made the trip 5 minutes faster than taking the subway. She works from midnight tonight to noon tomorrow, so I will have to drive her to work tonight and then drive and park down here tomorrow.

IndieMatty 12-20-2005 02:42 PM

I've gotten more done today than I have in weeks. I love working from home.

DoubleDown 12-20-2005 03:09 PM

luckily im on vacation out in long island and didnt have to deal with the shutdown today. sympathies to anyone adversely affected.

i was planning on doing late dinner tonite at Stanton Social (stanton @ orchard&ludlow). was torn between driving myself in or taking the lirr, then cabbing it downtown. im leaning more towards driving in by myself ... is this feasible? will i be allowed to drive in solo? will all the avenues heading downtown from the midtown tunnel be converted into parking lots? should i just skip dinner?
TIA

p.s. any suggests for dinner? ive heard the sliders are a must. stanton social

JordanIB 12-20-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im on vacation out in long island

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

DoubleDown 12-20-2005 04:07 PM

Jordan-

i go to medical school in manhattan. i have 2 weeks off for the holidays. visiting the parents still who are still living out here. beautiful country this time of yr. forget myspace; i cant wait to try to pick up some jappy chics at the mall/diner/movies/bowling alley.

good times,
dd

12-20-2005 04:31 PM

Train to Penn Station, walked 20 blocks

ddubois 12-20-2005 04:42 PM

Would this be a bad time to mention that it's a chilly 79 degrees on Oahu right now?
http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/waikikis.jpg