Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Fire Bobby Cox if he doesn't seal the deal? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330040)

masse75 09-05-2005 11:28 AM

Fire Bobby Cox if he doesn\'t seal the deal?

I've often thought about this, especially because I don't like the Braves. If Bobby Cox doesn't lead the team to the WS Championship, should he be fired? A lot will say "remarkable run of 14/15 division championships." Yes, but he has ONE World Series Championship. That sounds like he can't close the deal.

Better coaches have been fired for far less.

RacersEdge 09-05-2005 12:19 PM

Re: Fire Bobby Cox if he doesn\'t seal the deal?

[ QUOTE ]
I've often thought about this, especially because I don't like the Braves. If Bobby Cox doesn't lead the team to the WS Championship, should he be fired? A lot will say "remarkable run of 14/15 division championships." Yes, but he has ONE World Series Championship. That sounds like he can't close the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be phenomenally stupid. Baseball playoffs are a crap shoot.

Clarkmeister 09-05-2005 12:31 PM

You, sir, are a moran.

nolanfan34 09-05-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You, sir, are a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not thinking this through Clark, this guy may be on to something. If the Braves fire Cox, maybe the Cards could hire him then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

pokerdirty 09-05-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong sport.

Sooga 09-05-2005 03:30 PM

Every year since the heyday of Smoltz/Glavine/Maddux critics have been saying 'Ok, this is the year it ends for the Braves.' And they've been wrong every year. Personally, up until this year, I thought Cox could pull it through. But this year, I truly did think it was impossible. How could anyone, even Cox, coax a division title out of a lineup consisting of a gimpy Chipper, a few above-average players (Andruw, Giles, Furcal), and a buncha stiffs? With a pitching staff consisting of a reconverted closer, Tim Hudson, and a buncha stiffs? But he's done it again, in a division that analysts were saying might be the toughest in baseball. The man is amazing. I shall never doubt him again.

You can't blame him for only getting 1 WS... The Oakland A's had the best front 3 starting pitchers for a handful of years, and they never even got to the world series, much less won it.

mmbt0ne 09-05-2005 08:25 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? For what?

TheRover 09-05-2005 10:07 PM

[censored] that. Just fire Dusty Baker before I kill myself.

lastchance 09-06-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And the owners who fired those coaches are incredibly stupid. Unless you can get a brilliant coach, and I don't think there's a single coach that fits that bill in baseball today, (in fact, the one coach that fits that bill is Cox) you need to keep Bobby Cox.

pryor15 09-06-2005 02:09 AM

if he gets that team into the playoffs, they should build him a shrine in downtown atlanta.

firing him is the dumbest thing i've heard all week. (although, it is still monday...)