Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   To raise or not to raise? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401669)

blackaces13 12-19-2005 10:18 PM

To raise or not to raise?

Party Poker 1/2. 9 handed.

2nd hand at the table, no reads.

PREFLOP: Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB.
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, 5 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

FLOP: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 4 SBs)
<font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, BB calls, 2 folds.

TURN: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 3 BBs)
<font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

RIVER: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players, 4.5 BBs)
<font color="red"> Hero bets, BB raises</font>...

shant 12-19-2005 10:22 PM

Re: To raise or not to raise?

This is a really easy 3-bet.

milesdyson 12-19-2005 10:23 PM

im wish thant

Jaran 12-19-2005 10:31 PM

yuppers

-Jaran

blackaces13 12-19-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really easy 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, everyone seems to agree. My concern was what was he calling the flop with that running Kings improved enough to raise the river? If it were a straight he already hit it on the turn, the same is true of a smaller flush.

milesdyson 12-19-2005 11:38 PM

brock - a lot of fishies will just call the turn here with a low flush or straight to raise you on the river. they could also do thiw with kings up, but they could also do it with a random king hand that now has trips.

there are just more hands that you beat. if i had KT in your spot, i would just call - that's about as close a hand i can get that i would play this way and just call the river. actually i'm probably just calling with QTo as well.

12-20-2005 01:28 AM

grunch:

Hard to imagine he's bluffing against a three flush board and a player showing strength all the way. If he had K's Up on the turn, calling your bet instead of raising only makes sense if he's put you on a flush. That said, he may think raising with the paired board might scare you out of a small pot. I'd call. If he's bluffing he'll fold to your reraise, gaining you nothing, but if he has the boat you loose an extra big bet.

12-20-2005 01:45 AM

i put him on 22.

i still 3bet the river.

12-20-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grunch:

Hard to imagine he's bluffing against a three flush board and a player showing strength all the way. If he had K's Up on the turn, calling your bet instead of raising only makes sense if he's put you on a flush. That said, he may think raising with the paired board might scare you out of a small pot. I'd call. If he's bluffing he'll fold to your reraise, gaining you nothing, but if he has the boat you loose an extra big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is most likely raising a very good hand, but a second best one that we still beat. he almost certainly isnt bluffing, but it doesnt really matter to us cause we is the skillz

12-20-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i put him on 22.

i still 3bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to follow your reads...

For the hand. I 3-bet since alot of time I will see a lonely K here or a straight.