Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   flopped trips from small blind. how to proceed? (party 2/4 full) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300616)

spahk 07-26-2005 01:17 AM

flopped trips from small blind. how to proceed? (party 2/4 full)

all involved parties have near original 400.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, button calls, i complete, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
i lead for 15, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Button raises to 60...

button is a little on the LAG side, but not crazy. i don't really know about the BB. he seems conservative. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

stu-unger 07-26-2005 01:56 AM

Re: flopped trips from small blind. how to proceed? (party 2/4 full)

after a little thought i think u r ahead but his range is enormous. the only hands u r behind r AQ, QJ, and JJ. i only see QJ limping from a LAG and the play doesn't smell like the nuts to me unless hes really tricky. I don't 3-bet here and many people probably do it just seems to let a weaker Q off the hook and gives your hand away, without the villain making any mistakes. i think my turn play is card dependent. i lead out at any blank for like 2/3 pot. i check/call anything that comletes a draw(ie [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 or A). re-evaluate and hopefully get some value out of villains weaker Q.

spahk 07-26-2005 02:25 AM

how worried do i need to be about bb?

AllIn3High 07-26-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how worried do i need to be about bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

For now, I wouldn't be too worried.

I probably call here and lead any turn. If BB comes along and springs to life I'd slow down.

spahk 07-26-2005 02:54 AM

results

[ QUOTE ]
all involved parties have near original 400.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, button calls, i complete, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
i lead for 15, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Button raises to 60...

button is a little on the LAG side, but not crazy. i don't really know about the BB. he seems conservative. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. i called (which i now think was a mistake), and BB folded. turn was an offsuit 7. i lead for 125, Button folded.

imported_anacardo 07-26-2005 03:03 AM

Re: results

What do you gain by three-betting? You're probably way ahead, and any turn card that completes a draw gives you a plethora of redraws.