Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ultimate fighter on spike (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364817)

10-24-2005 11:57 PM

ultimate fighter on spike

god i love this show.

flatline 10-25-2005 12:01 AM

Re: ultimate fighter on spike

Man, it sucked all season... until this last show. Great fight. I love Luke, the Killer Nerd, picked last and now he's in the finals. The show looks like it will finish strong.

jokerthief 10-25-2005 12:12 AM

Anyone who wrestled in high school should watch this show. It brings back good memories.

BCPVP 10-25-2005 12:18 AM

The fighting is usually ok. I'm not really interested in all their little hissy fits. Some fights have just downright sucked. Regular UFC/Pride fights are much better, imo.

Check this out for a huge list of fights you can watch for free.

jokerthief 10-25-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fighting is usually ok. I'm not really interested in all their little hissy fits. Some fights have just downright sucked. Regular UFC/Pride fights are much better, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are awesome. Simply awesome.

Skipbidder 10-25-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Kick ass.
My whinging lefty peacenick friends don't understand why I watch this (being a whinging lefty peacenick myself).

Still a newbie when it comes to understanding what is allowed, however. It seems like this is in a fair amount of flux.

I used to wrestle. While watching the show, I keep thinking about how useless many wrestling moves would be. As it is, I don't understand why people don't get kneed in the face when they shoot for double leg takedowns.

flatline 10-25-2005 12:36 AM

Sweet link. I love any fight with Silva, that guy is a beast.

I agree that most fights this TUF season have sucked; tonight was the exception.

BCPVP 10-25-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My whinging lefty peacenick friends don't understand why I watch this

[/ QUOTE ]
Find new friends. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] j/k.

[ QUOTE ]
Still a newbie when it comes to understanding what is allowed, however. It seems like this is in a fair amount of flux.

[/ QUOTE ]
The rules depend on what organization is running it (Pride, K-1, UFC, etc).

[ QUOTE ]
While watching the show, I keep thinking about how useless many wrestling moves would be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the rules in wrestling are different so that makes a big difference. But wrestling is definitely a dominant style in UFC. Randy Couture is a good example of what wrestling can do.

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, I don't understand why people don't get kneed in the face when they shoot for double leg takedowns.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes this happens, (there's a Match where Cro-Cop fucks up a dude's face with a knee while the guy shot), but usually you try to set up the shoot with a punch or kick. But even if they do get a knee off, they're still probably going to go down, so it's better to sprawl and be on top of them, usually.

BCPVP 10-25-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that most fights this TUF season have sucked; tonight was the exception.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a goofy schedule so I haven't been able to catch many episodes. I do remember the finale for last season was a hell of a match and both guys wound up winning contracts (rightfully so, imo).

10-25-2005 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, it sucked all season... until this last show. Great fight. I love Luke, the Killer Nerd, picked last and now he's in the finals. The show looks like it will finish strong.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya he is great...his last fight, i forget against who, was pretty sweet too. I do agree that the first season was better, Diego was a beast.