Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AKo comes up empty (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358529)

mhlandry 10-15-2005 09:50 PM

AKo comes up empty

No reads; hasn't been one orbit yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

I bet because I think I'm best, but knowing this bet won't take it down.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Why did I check right here? If I thought I was good before, who does this brick help?

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Given the way I played the turn, can I bet here? I just gave someone a free Jack.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Meh.

bozlax 10-15-2005 10:01 PM

Re: AKo comes up empty

AK that misses the flop is a hard hand to play against another PFR. I might fire again on the turn against unknowns, but the way you played it, when the opportunity comes for a free showdown I take it because you're not going to fold any better hand after you checked the turn.

mhlandry 10-15-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when the opportunity comes for a free showdown I take it because you're not going to fold any better hand after you checked the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But will a worse hand pay me off? AQ? AJ? Ax? And is it worth it for the times that I bet and some small pocket pair calls and wins?

10-15-2005 10:16 PM

NH. I think one of my leaks is betting this river.

Pylos 10-16-2005 03:00 AM

I like your play here. I would bet this turn against unknowns a good portion of the time, but if there is any aggression at the table it's better to get the free showdown.

It's not a total brick because it pairs the board, but it's close enough. I'm thinking another bet on 4th street vs. some passive opponents will fold at least one of these guys.

All in all, nh.

Yerma 10-16-2005 03:16 AM

I don't understand your check on the turn. That turn isn't really a brick--it helps your hand. If the SB (ok, it's a sick idea) holds A2s or K2s, this 4 helps your hand immensely. Of course, it's way more important that if you were ahead on the flop, the 4 ensures you are still ahead on the turn.

I think your turn betting frequency in this spot should be 100% against unknown players.

maxsick 10-16-2005 04:49 AM

Your line is pretty good. I think I prefer betting the turn in order to get calls from weaker aces and various broadway combinations. If both call, I check the river. If one calls, I probably still bet any non-broadway river (in this case, with the J, I would check). I'm a n00b...I'm probably wrong.

Shillx 10-16-2005 04:58 AM

Bet the turn and play poker if someone raises. Thinking about betting on the river is crazy in this situation. I would only bet on the end if UTG+1 calls the turn and the other dude folds.

Brad

chiachu 10-16-2005 06:34 AM

bet again on the turn, and check behind on river UI.

if raised on the turn, or bet into on the river id prob fold... but i dunno if thats a good idea [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

10-16-2005 07:05 AM

hmm sorry for my stupid cmt but why dont you post who won ?