Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Quick Vegas Trip Report (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406840)

CarlosChadha 12-29-2005 12:04 AM

Quick Vegas Trip Report

Hi All,

I just spent the last couple day beating up retirees (and Jeffage) in the 50/100 - 100/200 stud games at Bellagio. It was a great learning experience in playing live poker. After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be. Repeatedly sucking out on Jeffage at 7am in a 4 handed 50/100 stud game was definitely one of the most amusing poker experiences of my life. Look forward to some hand posts from the two of us. Anyway, I'm taking a break from poker in San Jose for a couple days, and then off to LA to play at the Commerce 100/200 games.

Happy Holidays,
Carlos

mscags 12-29-2005 12:16 AM

Re: Quick Vegas Trip Report

Sounds like you had a lot of fun Carlos. It is also nice to see that there is still some stud alive in Vegas. Looking forward to some good posts from you two.

Mike

12-29-2005 01:43 AM

Hello Carlos,

re.: "After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be."

How are they differnt? I have little live experience with live games and I'd sure be interested in reading some more comments.

Thanks

Andy B 12-29-2005 02:23 AM

Say hi to snakehead for us.

Brett hasn't posted in the stud forum in about a year. I wonder if he'd make Emery's top five.

12-29-2005 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi All,

I just spent the last couple day beating up retirees (and Jeffage) in the 50/100 - 100/200 stud games at Bellagio. It was a great learning experience in playing live poker. After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be. Repeatedly sucking out on Jeffage at 7am in a 4 handed 50/100 stud game was definitely one of the most amusing poker experiences of my life. Look forward to some hand posts from the two of us. Anyway, I'm taking a break from poker in San Jose for a couple days, and then off to LA to play at the Commerce 100/200 games.

Happy Holidays,
Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like just yesterday you were telling me how profitable bonus whoring is and how it's the way to go at GP:Columbus when you eliminated me from Day 2 contention.

(PM me if you don't remember.)

Good to see that you're doing well!

FeliciaLee 12-29-2005 01:38 PM

I guess I've been out of the loop too long. When did they change the 40/80 to 50/100, do you know? I'll ask around, if not.

Caesars seems like they are trying to keep Stud going, as well. We just called to see what they are spreading (pending a short trip up for a couple of days), and they said 15/30, 30/60 FL Stud and 2-10 SL Stud. Amazing! Guess it's coming back faster and stronger than I thought it would (I predicted a long, horrible death, followed by a very slight recovery over several years. Glad to see I was utterly wrong!).

I'll give a trip report when we get back. If my strength holds up, I plan to play: Wynn 10/20 mixed (Stud, Stud 8, Razz, Omaha 8, TDL, Crazy Pineapple 8); Caesars (best Stud game); Aladdin 5/10 mixed (Omaha 8, Razz, Stud, Stud 8, TDL). Bellagio maybe, Orleans maybe.

See you in a couple of days, have a great NYE, everyone!

highlife 12-29-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I've been out of the loop too long. When did they change the 40/80 to 50/100, do you know? I'll ask around, if not.

Caesars seems like they are trying to keep Stud going, as well. We just called to see what they are spreading (pending a short trip up for a couple of days), and they said 15/30, 30/60 FL Stud and 2-10 SL Stud. Amazing! Guess it's coming back faster and stronger than I thought it would (I predicted a long, horrible death, followed by a very slight recovery over several years. Glad to see I was utterly wrong!).

[/ QUOTE ]

they switched to 50/100 about 3-4 months ago.

don't count on any of the 15/30 or especially 30/60 stud games going at ceasars, yeah they have them on their board but the few times i was there the games weren't going and the interest list was only a couple people deep.

stick with the 20/40 stud game at bellagio, it goes every night, sometimes two tables and its been a very good game the times i have played it recently.

FeliciaLee 12-30-2005 02:37 PM

You were right. I should never have trusted the girl who answered the phone, lol. No Stud at Caesars.

I did play in a nice, juicy 2-20 mixed game at Aladdin though (HORSE + TDL).