Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK.......................... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405424)

12-26-2005 03:50 PM

KK..........................

Party 100 full

Villain has $118 and a 13 vpip, hero covers.

preflop
Villain limps UTG, hero raises to 5 in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villain limp reraises to 18, hero calls.

flop
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 37

villain bets 35, hero folds

12-26-2005 03:59 PM

Re: KK..........................

given villians stats and RR - I do like that fold

what does he RR pf w/ other than AA, KK, QQ and maybe AK? you're looking to draw to 2 outs, split, or the freak chance that he is playing uber sagro w. AK you are looking good

good fold

2PAUL2 12-26-2005 04:59 PM

ye looks good. that flop prolly saved you money against villains AA anyway.

paul

12-26-2005 05:57 PM

Fine as long as a flop not including the Q or J (particularly the Q) would have meant chips being sent flying by you. As I'm sure you know you did not have odds to call PF purely for set value.

12-26-2005 07:36 PM

I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes. If you have something like 45 hands on the villain, your stats mean very little in this situation.

I might just raise to 50 and push any flop to make it easier for him to call.

apaugust 12-26-2005 07:41 PM

I would have put in a big re-raise pf

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes. If you have something like 45 hands on the villain, your stats mean very little in this situation.

I might just raise to 50 and push any flop to make it easier for him to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate pushing kings pf with 100bb's stacks. I also hate 3betting a limpreraise and pushing a Qhigh flop. I need to know something about this guy to play my hand like this.

12-26-2005 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense.

Morrek 12-26-2005 07:50 PM

This is a good flop fold. Preflop is good too imo, in the off-case he has AK or QQ you don't wanna chase him away, but this flop is just as worse as it gets pretty much.

Isura 12-27-2005 12:20 AM

Push this preflop and take your chances. You barely have odds to play for set value preflop.