Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Steven Dannenmann at $175 tournament (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352698)

Walter Pullis 10-07-2005 05:44 PM

Steven Dannenmann at $175 tournament

I entered the $175 buy-in NLHE tournament at the Borgata in AC last night. Immediately to my left was -- Steven Dannenmann!!

A few things:

1. I didn't ask him why he entered such a low level tournament.
2. I ask him if it was true that he made some of the moves he made at the end because he was bored. He said it was mostly because he was exhausted.
3. I ask if there was a lot of drinking at the final table(he was chugging bloody marys one after another last night). He said yes, but wouldn't name names.

At the break we talked about the HOH books. After that, any time I contested a pot and lost, he asked me if Harrington would have agreed with my play. Annoying.

I was heads-up with him in only one pot and bluffed him at the turn with a "too small to be a bluff" bet. Yeah.

I didn't cash. I don't know if he did.

jcmack13 10-07-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Steven Dannenmann at $175 tournament

I am already preparing to hate him once the ME airs.

A_C_Slater 10-07-2005 06:30 PM

So did he seem to actually be interested in the HOH books or did it seem like he was humoring you?

illegit 10-07-2005 06:39 PM

If I won as much as him only a certain amount of it would be going back into playing poker. And that amount would be about the right bankroll for playing $175 tournaments.

Walter Pullis 10-07-2005 06:42 PM

I think there was a mocking tone in his voice. Also one time there was an 8-8-5 flop and I thought about my play for about a half minute and he said "Either you have an eight or you don't" i.e. hurry up.

MonkeeMan 10-07-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there was a mocking tone in his voice. Also one time there was an 8-8-5 flop and I thought about my play for about a half minute and he said "Either you have an eight or you don't" i.e. hurry up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply: "Or 2"

Kevmath 10-07-2005 08:04 PM

Assuming he paid into the USPC at the Taj with his own money, the poker bankroll may be a bit higher.

palman 10-08-2005 05:27 PM

The guy was a regular in a few home games in the D.C. Area. I hadn't played with him, but those who had said he wasn't one of the better players in his home games. Apparantly truly just a rush of cards story.

TheBlueMonster 10-08-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy was a regular in a few home games in the D.C. Area. I hadn't played with him, but those who had said he wasn't one of the better players in his home games. Apparantly truly just a rush of cards story.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously that's the image that he and ESPN would love to cultivate, but I doubt it's truly the case.

bryan4967 10-08-2005 08:13 PM

he's been in and out of my regular game in arlington (northern virginia) and didn't possess any skills that i thought a runner up WC would have.