Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   wow ipods are pathetic (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389233)

NLSoldier 12-01-2005 02:59 PM

wow ipods are pathetic

i recently cashed in all of my empire VIP points for an ipod mini. i already have a a 40GB mp3 player but its a little big so i figured it could be for mass storage and for long trips and the mini could be for walking around music.

i take it on my walk to class this morning and am enjoying some audioslave when i take it out of my pocket to adjust the volume....and then i drop the [censored] thing. its got a little battle damage but i figure it will be no big deal, hell i drop my cellphone all the time. i was wrong. now there is fuzzy static at all times. its increibly gay. basically the thing is now useless. it arrived on monday and by wednesday its [censored] useless. what a joke. do they expect you to never ever drop these things?

ok rant over.

joshman1204 12-01-2005 03:00 PM

Re: wow ipods are pathetic

goto apple store

present ipod

go home with new one

Simple!

Voltron87 12-01-2005 03:01 PM

ive beaten the [censored] out of my ipod, so have my friends, they wtill work great. because you got it from a promo can you not get it replaced? apple are good about that.

12-01-2005 03:03 PM

Is it really that easy? My girlfriend won a 40 GB ipod in a raffel contest and it broke. It's been less than a year, but she doesn't have a receipt, and the people who held the raffel won't get back to her about it. Will an apple store still replace it, or is she just SOL?

dblgutshot 12-01-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goto apple store

present ipod

go home with new one

Simple!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

4_2_it 12-01-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that easy? My girlfriend won a 40 GB ipod in a raffel contest and it broke. It's been less than a year, but she doesn't have a receipt, and the people who held the raffel won't get back to her about it. Will an apple store still replace it, or is she just SOL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you take it to the store and see? I bet you will be surprised that a company might actually stand behind one of its products.

Thythe 12-01-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goto apple store

present ipod

go home with new one

Simple!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this most likely won't work. I don't think the warantee covers dropping it, which apple will assume happened.

vexvelour 12-01-2005 03:08 PM

As soon as I bought my Mini I got one of those silicon jackets for it. I've dropped it a few times in the jacket but it's still working fine from what I can tell. If you end up getting it replaced, I'd highly recommend one of those jackets.

NLSoldier 12-01-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goto apple store

present ipod

go home with new one

Simple!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this most likely won't work. I don't think the warantee covers dropping it, which apple will assume happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah mine has a fairly obvious dent in the top corner.

12-01-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goto apple store

present ipod

go home with new one

Simple!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, it's worked for my gf. Twice.