Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   big draw, very deep (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369186)

10-31-2005 08:01 PM

big draw, very deep

I'm playing a live home game with $5/5 blinds and effective stacks of 2100 bucks. There's a bad limper to me, I raise to to 35 bucks on the button with black kings, and the best player at the table (tricky, reads hands well, etc) makes it 100 from the BB. Limper folds, I make it 300. I think he's better than me, and I have no problem taking this down preflop. He doesn't agree with this plan plan and calls. Flop comes down TJQ (all clubs). He leads out for 400. What's my plan?

JMa 10-31-2005 08:03 PM

Re: big draw, very deep

I'd call, I dont think we have any fold equity here against anything but red aces.

Tregan 10-31-2005 08:17 PM

Fold > Push > Call

You are behind, and while you are getting 2.5:1 to see a turn, the only time he puts any more money into the pot is if the turn is a brick to you. Thus your implied odds are effectively zero. Unless he is good/tricky enough to pull this move off with complete air (unlikely since he called your preflop reraise), I fold.

I also really, really like his bet.

xorbie 10-31-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold > Push > Call

You are behind, and while you are getting 2.5:1 to see a turn, the only time he puts any more money into the pot is if the turn is a brick to you. Thus your implied odds are effectively zero. Unless he is good/tricky enough to pull this move off with complete air (unlikely since he called your preflop reraise), I fold.

I also really, really like his bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has nearly 50% equity even vs TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA.

ryanghall 10-31-2005 09:04 PM

Not if he holds the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

psyduck 11-01-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not if he holds the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of hand do you put him on that contains an ace besides AcAx that hero is dead to? AQ, AK?

AA is also more likely to 4-bet preflop (?)

durrrr 11-01-2005 05:22 AM

i lik a push.

MTBlue 11-01-2005 05:27 AM

I hate the call because of the lack of implied odds and the ability to only see one card and I hate folding b/c are equity is huge against every hand except the two combinations of AA with the Ac and two combinations of AK with Ac. I push. There is already 600 in the pot giving us 4:3 on the push. It'll cover almost all of the -EV against his hand range and it'll be a hell of a tough call with TT, JJ, depending on hero's reraise range. I like flipping coins for 4 grand.

radioheadfan 11-01-2005 10:59 AM

I put all my chips in the center and let the cards sort this one out.

Even with a set he is gonna feel queasy calling ..... push!