Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Calling with a 3-high flush... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398994)

stillbr 12-15-2005 01:44 PM

Calling with a 3-high flush...

The BB has Tagish stats but does some donk things. Seems like he read a book about starting hands and has no idea how to play. Button is a way too loose calling station. Anyways....

PS 2-4

Folded to me in the CO with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button coldcalls. BB calls.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check behind

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call.

Thoughts??? I dont know if I like it or not.

shant 12-15-2005 01:47 PM

Re: Calling with a 3-high flush...

I don't like your preflop or flop play with your read of the Button.

sean c 12-15-2005 01:49 PM

Did you raise pre flop?

gopnik 12-15-2005 01:51 PM

why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

imported_smoove 12-15-2005 01:55 PM

Sigh...would Villain lead out with a flush draw after you raised preflop (or ever?)? You say he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. So is he wily enough to suspect you're stealing and donk the flop for that reason? I'm leaning towards folding this flop. Just too much trouble. I'm lost on the river. I want to fold, but I suppose I'll call one.

stillbr 12-15-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you raise pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

SnglMaltScotch 12-15-2005 02:02 PM

I don't like any street but the turn. Really. I don't raise 33 from the CO with a loose button. I definitely don't raise a donk bet on the flop without a spectacular read. I might!! call with the flush on the end. But I would expect to lose.

stillbr 12-15-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh...would Villain lead out with a flush draw after you raised preflop (or ever?)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he will pretty much every single time. I've also seen him donk bet the flop, check/fold the turn.

Considering the way I played the flop, I dont know if I like betting the turn better.

stillbr 12-15-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

shant 12-15-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if he checkraises 2-pair or something your draw might still be good. I like the turn/river play.