Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369964)

belloc 11-02-2005 08:19 PM

Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1

[ QUOTE ]
Josh, hitting 13,000 posts?

Do you ever atually play poker?

Anybody else even on the posting leaderboard with you?

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

Jakethebake has almost 20k, and I'm pretty sure no one thought he even *played* poker until he started a thread in one of the poker related forums last week.

Dynasty 11-02-2005 08:42 PM

Just in case there was any doubt, I've been able to verify that "tiffany" is indeed Tiffany Williamson. It is not a gimmick account.

belloc 11-03-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just in case there was any doubt, I've been able to verify that "tiffany" is indeed Tiffany Williamson. It is not a gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have been shocked if it weren't; her posts seemed too genuine. I'm glad she decided to weigh in here because it certainly changed my opinion of her, which (I'm sorry to admit) I allowed to be formed by the ESPN coverage.

I wish her all the best in improving her poker game, and in rising above all the criticism that's going to be headed her way for a long time.

cwsiggy 11-03-2005 01:34 AM

There was no reason whatsoever to ask the dealer to count out Raymer's stack when he said "1.3 exactly" I know it is her right to ask for a chip count, but she must have known that she was basically all in - 100k either way wouldn't have made any difference in the decision. That was almost worse than her other stalls.

Benoit 11-03-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was no reason whatsoever to ask the dealer to count out Raymer's stack when he said "1.3 exactly" I know it is her right to ask for a chip count, but she must have known that she was basically all in - 100k either way wouldn't have made any difference in the decision. That was almost worse than her other stalls.

[/ QUOTE ]

She had him covered and doubled him up when he won.

cero_z 11-03-2005 01:54 AM

Hi Kev,

[ QUOTE ]
We've got quite a battle so far for biggest douche of the WSOP: Stillman, Friedman or Dannenman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a couple of different times against Stillman in AC recently, and found him to be a very fun and good-natured guy. His behavior on TV was pretty bad in a few spots, but the only one I really have a problem with is the way he went off on the obvious fish who busted him. When they play that bad, it's time to smile at them and shake their hand--especially when they are good people.

I have to admit, though, watching the folks in the final 50 or whatever donk it up so intensely made me feel a lot better about busting out of the tournament where I did. I rarely encountered play as horrendous as some that I witnessed in this most recent episode, except for the very first table on day 1.

Tiffany W. seems very nice, but I just can't imagine what looked good to her about calling off everything with KJs (the stack sizes and pot sizes were hard to determine, but it looked like she was dealing with a big overbet). Elsewhere, the guy pays off Layne Flack's river raise with 66 on the J x x A x board--it would've been hilarious if Layne had been bluffing with a pair of 8s or something. I know this was in the last episode, but it was just too funny to go w/o mention.

Dannenman's all-in with a bluff-catcher (K5 on a 225 board) was pretty sweet, too.

Vincent Lepore 11-03-2005 03:35 AM

The call on the River was his correct. He played the hand perfectly.

Vince