Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Huge pot, HU (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391162)

Spicymoose 12-04-2005 03:56 PM

Huge pot, HU

No stats or actual read. The only information I have is that every time he raised or bet, it was virtually instantly. He was also almost all in, but not quite.

I also didn't realize he had posted UTG at the time.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

jba 12-04-2005 03:59 PM

Re: Huge pot, HU

maybe just bet/call the river?

i'm scared.

bank 12-04-2005 04:01 PM

I'm leaning towards c/c'ing the river w/o a solid read. Bet/calling would be the next best option.

12-04-2005 04:52 PM

anyone like just calling the flop raise and donking the turn?

i feel like you're either

a. ahead of something like KK w/ a club
b. crushed by AA
c. or getting free rolled by the other AxKc

you probably lose a sb against KK but at the same time don't offer any free cards. you also save a ton when youre up against AA or getting free rolled.

the river check/raise is no good after this kind of action on the flop and turn.

WillyTrailer 12-04-2005 04:56 PM

I see this kind of super-dumb action from guys who buy in short on their first hand all the time. I like the way you played it. I'm not scared of getting 3 bets in on this river so I like the c/r. I think you're ahead the whole way a lot here. I think you're ahead even more when you river the K.

hope you won a big pot,
WT

bank 12-04-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a bad line either. You're missing AQ w/ a club (2 more combos that you are ahead of) in his range of hands.

12-04-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're missing AQ w/ a club (2 more combos that you are ahead of) in his range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but even though we are ahead AxQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], our equity is only 53.6%. so it's not like we're missing out on a ton of value by not 3-betting the flop. we do charge ourselves almost a full bb when we're behind AA and a free rolling AK has 68% equity against us.

i still like calling.

Spicymoose 12-04-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i feel like you're either

a. ahead of something like KK w/ a club
b. crushed by AA
c. or getting free rolled by the other AxKc

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is so much wider than this. Our equity edge is huge on the flop.

bank 12-04-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you think we can add? QQ ? JJ? AJ w/ a club (maybe discount this down to .75 or 1 combo) ?

Spicymoose 12-04-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you think we can add? QQ ? JJ? AJ w/ a club (maybe discount this down to .75 or 1 combo) ?

[/ QUOTE ]

88-KK, regardless of having a club. A9-AQ with or without a club. KT-KQ with a club.

That is before I realized he posted UTG. With that extra information, his range widens up a bit.