Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Finally a tourney victory! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392507)

Rocco 12-06-2005 07:25 AM

Finally a tourney victory!

I've always complained about not being lucky when it comes to tourneys, but today I have to re-evaluate that statement. Managed to win a $20 Speed Tourney and everyone who has tried one of these knows how much luck you need to take it down.

Well... It wasn't a big payout ($1560) but enough to quadruple my bankroll. And certainly enough to ensure that Poker Gods are not conspiring against me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] At one point I thought so, when we were heads-up. I got into HU with a ridiculously big chip lead and my opponent managed to win like 8-10 straight all-ins to get us even. Felt good to finally beat him when I most needed it.

Best thing it gives me a bankroll to play many MTT's in a relaxed fashion. See you at the tables!

beenben 12-06-2005 08:50 AM

Re: Finally a tourney victory!

congrats; but FWIW, those are luck fests with little skill.

Rocco 12-06-2005 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... Thought I made it clear in my post? To emphasize, I'm not proud, just happy to finally have won a tournament. How can it be other than luck when only 2 people out of 30 can afford to pay the blinds after the bubble bursts? Managed to win a couple of underdog all-ins, as well as being lucky enough to skip the blinds when we were down to two tables. A luck fest it is, but I gladly take the $1560 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Etaipo 12-06-2005 09:33 AM

congrats on your win!

(my real reason for posting in this thread is to brag that I won last night too, the 12.5k guaranteed 10PM on ub last night)

after playing my a-game for weeks with nothing but horrid beats to show for it, it felt daaamn good. almost made up for all the 1-6 outers big stacks have been hitting for two weeks to knock me out instead of double me up. almost.

Rocco 12-06-2005 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats on your win!

(my real reason for posting in this thread is to brag that I won last night too, the 12.5k guaranteed 10PM on ub last night)

after playing my a-game for weeks with nothing but horrid beats to show for it, it felt daaamn good. almost made up for all the 1-6 outers big stacks have been hitting for two weeks to knock me out instead of double me up. almost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that feeling, for sure... Congrats to you too! Now I'm gonna crush some regular tourneys so I can brag about being skillful instead of just lucky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

12-06-2005 11:47 AM

Congrats, I'm still looking for my first win. I've been close. One day soon hopefully.

LSUfan1 12-06-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats, I'm still looking for my first win. I've been close. One day soon hopefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here....over the last week, I have had 2 final tables (2nd and 6th) to the tune of about 1100, but I am still looking for that 1st victory.

Congrats guys!

ansky451 12-06-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an amazingly unnecessary comment!

The dude just won his first multi, why you trying to kill his buzz?

12-06-2005 01:03 PM

Congrats,

Since we're bragging, last night I came in second in a Pokerstars $20 180 player sit&go, winning $720 (I don't play speed or rebuy tourneys). When it came down to head to head, my opp had a 5 to 1 chip advantage that I couldn't overcome.

What I don't want to do is pi$$ the money away.

I play cash games at a very low level .1/.25. I'm wondering if I should move up, as, much like you, my bankroll has quadrupled.

12-06-2005 02:06 PM

Probably. If you are good enough to beat the game you are playing regularly and to finish 2nd in a 180-person and you have the roll, then play .25-.50. (This is assuming your stomach can handle the same swings your bankroll can. If losing 3-4 buyins in a day will affect your play, then don't move up yet).