Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Euchre vs Spades (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354758)

stabn 10-10-2005 07:27 PM

Re: Euchre vs Spades

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that you should be [censored]. On top of making some lame threads today, you called a game that I'm sure a lot of people in this forum enjoy playing. This has potential to be a great topic as it could delve into rules discussion, variations, strategy discussion, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Become a moderator and ban me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you want to be banned, I'm sure that can be taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

tinga81 10-10-2005 07:30 PM

euchre > spades.

Nobody in the northern part of Illinois knows the damn game. I had to go away to college (further south) to learn it.

Alchemist 10-10-2005 07:58 PM

Hearts is superior to both.

But Spades > Euchre because 90% of the time in Euchre your plays are forced anyway and it gets boring fast.

mslif 10-10-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But Spades > Euchre because 90% of the time in Euchre your plays are forced anyway and it gets boring fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, Euchre is very strategic. A wrong evaluation of a hand or one wrong move and you'll lose. It is really about the team who can strategize the best and I think that's why it's so much fun.

DMBFan23 10-10-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that you should be [censored]. On top of making some lame threads today, you called a game that I'm sure a lot of people in this forum enjoy playing. This has potential to be a great topic as it could delve into rules discussion, variations, strategy discussion, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

and I paraphrase from clause 14a of the constitution of [censored]

"if you make a poll asking whether you should be banned and lose, you will be. if you ask to be banned, you're gone"

also [censored] start changing titles, or make a sticky thread with those who've felt the wrath pls. for the spectators.

touchfaith 10-10-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, get off your [censored] soapbox for once in your nit life.

astroglide 10-10-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is crazy-talk

InchoateHand 10-10-2005 08:19 PM

This isn't a question.

Euchre is fine redneck Spades and all, and I have a good time, but who the [censored] said Spades isn't as "fun" to play with your friends? Do you have friends? Don't you like [censored] them over? Jesus-[censored]-christ.

And no, hearts doesn't compete. Its a fine card game, but its not paired, and its even more simple.

jakethebake 10-10-2005 08:20 PM

I once played spades with a dead guy. Literally. He was propped up in the chair across from me. We were partners. I think we lost, but I don't remember for sure. That was one weird night...and yes, I'm completely serious.

jason_t 10-10-2005 08:22 PM

You see, because of

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73...nmaneuchre.jpg

I have no idea what you just said but I don't care because you'll be banned soon enough.