Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I hit the straight but running flush also made it... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395033)

12-09-2005 04:05 PM

I hit the straight but running flush also made it...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero says "MOTEHRHEFJEHFEFEGEH" and calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Should I have just called? Capped? I think raise/call was the best option here, but I'm not too sure. Comments appreciated.

milesdyson 12-09-2005 04:07 PM

Re: I hit the straight but running flush also made it...

i think you played this fine other than your preflop raise. 44 is a fold utg 5-handed.

12-09-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played this fine other than your preflop raise. 44 is a fold utg 5-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've been hearing from others too after getting them to review. And I thought I played too tight!

milesdyson 12-09-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I thought I played too tight!

[/ QUOTE ]
just because you raise this doesn't mean you aren't too tight. maybe you don't steal enough or defend your blinds enough.

jba 12-09-2005 04:26 PM

yeah I'd just call here, decent chance you are splitting or he's FOS, either way not a lot of value in a cap

Disconnected 12-09-2005 04:32 PM

Maybe I'm too weak on this river, but I don't know about the raise. Given the action in the hand so far, what do we think that we beat that he's going to call, compared to the likelihood of splitting/losing when he either calls us or raises us?

Jinx 12-09-2005 04:34 PM

Definitely raise, don't cap, preflop is fine. If BB is passive bet the turn.

12-09-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm too weak on this river, but I don't know about the raise. Given the action in the hand so far, what do we think that we beat that he's going to call, compared to the likelihood of splitting/losing when he either calls us or raises us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the turn was checked through, Villain (no substantial reads, basic Party sh limit player) will stab at the pot with any ten or possibly lower pairs, so I am pretty sure the original raise is not out of line.

Peter Harris 12-09-2005 04:49 PM

nah i fold 33 and 22 up front 5 handed, so i'd raise this PF. It's frigging marginal though.

i wont cap.