Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A hypothetical Axs question, grunch please (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306260)

Rev. Good Will 08-02-2005 07:12 PM

A hypothetical Axs question, grunch please

First one is a no brainer, next is a little bit harder, but I want to know what the average trouter is doing for the 3rd situation

In all these situations: Just finishing your first orbit at whatever micro full ring game you are playing at, and you arrive in the UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. All unknowns

1)you limp, as does UTG+2, MP1 and MP2, the CO raises, the blinds fold, and every already in calls (11.5 SB)

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

what's your move?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2) you limp, as does UTG+1, MP1 and CO. SB folds, and BB raises. Everyone calls (10.5 SB)

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, what's your move?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3)you limp, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2, MP2, and CO all CC, blinds fold. you call (11.5 SB)

what's your move?

POKhER 08-02-2005 07:16 PM

Re: A hypothetical Axs question, grunch please

Hand 1: Bet

Hand 2: Raise

Hand 3: We'll get raised, I think i check and see if they have a raising war. Take appropiate action after(Folding).

You could bet... I just think we'll end up folding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Henke 08-02-2005 07:16 PM

1. Check, if CO bets I cr, otherwise fold.

2. Fold.

3. Check and see what happens.

closer2313 08-02-2005 07:26 PM

I think this is the whole "you guys fold too much" + protecting your hand. Maybe not. I have a problem with this area because im kicker scared. But if we are going with protect your hand.

1) check raise a bet from the CO

2) Raise to protect your hand

3) bet to have utg+1 raise to protect your hand.

2+2 wannabe 08-02-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the whole "you guys fold too much" + protecting your hand. Maybe not. I have a problem with this area because im kicker scared. But if we are going with protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rev. Good Will 08-02-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is my answer, but I am concerned about #3

1 and 2 are easy because somebody could bet with UI broadways, or an underpair, so we could raise, no problem

but for #3, I am concerned because raising is a different animal than betting, would villian raise with anything less than TPGK?

Edited for clarity

closer2313 08-02-2005 08:34 PM

I see what you mean.

I guess some other lines we could take are.

1) Bet, if he raises we can assume that he can beat top pair/bad kicker and we are drawing to 3 outs.

2) Check/Call and play it like a 5 outer? I dont like that.

3) Check/raise? That seems really bad to me. If he bets he could be betting anything, plus alot of people can now call with their middle or bottom pair correctly and outdraw us if we have the best hand.

I think betting is our best option. It gives us a chance to protect our hand, and we might have the best hand. Also if UTG+1 raises we have more insight to where we stand currently.

shadow29 08-02-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Check, if CO bets I cr, otherwise fold.

2. Fold.

3. Check and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!

eviljeff 08-02-2005 08:43 PM

protect, protect, protect

1) c/r to protect
2) raise to protect
3) bet to protect

CourtJester 08-02-2005 09:23 PM

1 check hoping for a cr, if bet from another villan, call and reevaluate turn.
2 raise, hope to get this heads up, if 3 bet call and fold turn ui
3 bet out hoping utg will raise for u to get this heads up
you have TPNK and bdsd, i would think u really want this heads up hoping ur villain will possible have raised with some hand thats not holding an ace which could be many, and being unkowns they may be the flop or raise with such hands as KK, QQ, maybe JJ, and others.