Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hand Reading Exercise: (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245047)

meep_42 05-03-2005 06:30 PM

Hand Reading Exercise:

UTG+1 is a TAG, 18/13.
I've been running over the table the last orbit, raising a lot and winning a lot of hands without showdown. Been showing down both the goods (AKs and the like) and light raises that held up/improved (QTs/77)

Hero is MP2 with xy
UTG+1 open raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, all fold to UTG+1 who calls.

Flop - 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5 SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero caps, </font>UTG+1 calls

Turn - 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.75 BB, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River - T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets, Hero raises</font>...

Should be pretty standard, post the first few responses in white. How could either player have played their hand better?

-d

Entity 05-03-2005 06:34 PM

Re: Hand Reading Exercise:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is a TAG, 18/13.
I've been running over the table the last orbit, raising a lot and winning a lot of hands without showdown. Been showing down both the goods (AKs and the like) and light raises that held up/improved (QTs/77)

Hero is MP2 with xy
UTG+1 open raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, all fold to UTG+1 who calls.

Flop - 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5 SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero caps, </font>UTG+1 calls

Turn - 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.75 BB, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River - T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets, Hero raises</font>...

Should be pretty standard, post the first few responses in white. How could either player have played their hand better?

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">You have 88, and he has either 99 or TT/JJ. If he has TT he gave you too much action on the flop/turn, but if he has 99, I'd just recommend that he not let you river a straight again. It would be very amusing if both of you had 88, though. I think your play is fine, even if your hand is pretty easily readable. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>

Little Lew 05-03-2005 06:34 PM

<font color="white">J8H or 89H</font>

deception5 05-03-2005 06:39 PM

<font color="white">I think:
Hero has pocket T's
UTG+1 has pocket 9's
</font>

Shillx 05-03-2005 06:41 PM

Meep,

I don't get teh flop action. Did you 3-bet and he call or did you 3-bet and he cap? Anyway...

<font color="white">You either have TT or 88. I don't really like 3-betting the flop with 88 in this spot if that is what you have. I dunno what he has, but it looks like he flopped a set here. I'm guessing that he would cap preflop with QQ+. Maybe he has JJ as well, but I'll go with a flopped set.</font> [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aK13 05-03-2005 06:44 PM

<font color="white"> Hero TT, Villain AA/KK </font>

the_rookie 05-03-2005 06:44 PM

<font color="white"> UTG+1 has pocket nines. I hand worth an open-raise, but not a cap. This hand explains his action on all streets. Hero has pocket tens, a decent hand to isolate with. The flop is decent for Hero's hand and cap worthy, but not enought to go nuts with on the turn. Rivered a set.

I didn't say you had pocket 8s, well cause I'd assumed you'd fold this preflop against a raise. </font>

Scratch 05-03-2005 06:53 PM

<font color="white">Villain: Any pair from 66-JJ. Anything higher and I think he would've capped PF.
Hero: 88-TT?

I'd laugh if both showed down 88.</font>

AlmightyJay 05-03-2005 07:02 PM

<font color="white">I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Hero has TT or 99, and UTG+1 has JJ-AA.</font> I'm sure I'm dead wrong though.

kapw7 05-03-2005 07:02 PM

<font color="white"> 99 vs 77? Or him on AA smoothcalling PF in order to C-R the flop and you 99 slowplaying the turn in order to raise the river </font>