Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So what's the consensus on this river? (flush) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254225)

grjr 05-17-2005 08:44 PM

So what\'s the consensus on this river? (flush)

No reads on anyone. (Well, except MP2 and BB were getting a little aggressive lately. I think they were mad that I kept raising all the hands.)

Ok, after you're all done berating me for the flop call (I like BD draws--so sue me)tell me what you would do on this river.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ???

Entity 05-17-2005 08:50 PM

Re: So what\'s the consensus on this river? (flush)

Raise the river. Fold the flop (why did you call?).

Rob

silkyslim 05-17-2005 09:07 PM

i agree, why did u call?

ClaytonN 05-17-2005 09:08 PM

Dump flop!
Raise river!

KaiShin 05-17-2005 09:10 PM

I don't understand why there are question marks on the river. This shouldn't be a decision.

no1super2001 05-17-2005 09:17 PM

grunching...

Maybe it is a little passive, but I don't think the call is that bad on the flop. Without the ace the king's high card value may sway my thinking, but I want to see if the turn shapes may hand cheaply.

I am a little torn on the turn as to whether or not to 3 bet the hand. The queen fills my hand nicely, and with one card to come with 13 outs to make the nut straight or second nut flush this a valuable drawing hand and I want as many bets in the pot as possible. There also may be some folding equity to be gained from the early position players.

Oh yeah, hero raises.

grjr 05-17-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why there are question marks on the river. This shouldn't be a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to go for overcalls here.

KaiShin 05-17-2005 09:31 PM

Well I misread the hand and thought the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was on the board, so I see your point about overcalls.

I'd still raise the river.

grjr 05-17-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop (why did you call?).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I tell you (and you proceed to mock me mercilessly) would you do me a favor? Look in your Misc. Stats and tell me your net amount for three of a kind, straights, and flushes. Uncheck "Show Only Hands That Were Not Folded". I'm curious how we compare there.

If anybody else wants to post their stats on those I would appreciate that too.

Duerig 05-17-2005 11:02 PM

Yeah I don't like the flop call. Also, I like going for overcalls here on the river.