Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bluff against a super-lag (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311824)

Mackerel 08-10-2005 12:47 AM

Bluff against a super-lag

FullTilt Poker NL100 (6-max)

Villain is a super-lag 68/57/7 in ~200 hands. He's raising every other hand to 5+ BB and aggressively betting/raising almost every pot he's in. Nonetheless, I don't think he's stupid, and I've seen him take his foot of the gas and fold a few times. I've butted heads with him a couple of times, and it's about even: once he sucked out on my pocket pair after calling the whole way, and once he found a fold on the river after betting all the way when I pushed and he was crushed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Other than that, we are pretty much staying out of each others way (he's directly across the table, and has been folding quite a bit when I raise, and vice versa). But he's pretty much running over the table raising so much, and it's really starting to annoy me, when this hand comes up.

I have ~$100 (just rebought after another donk hit his two out set) and villain has me covered 3x.

I'm UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain is on the button

<font color="red"> I call $1 </font> , UTG+1 calls $1, CO folds, Villain raises to $5 (meaning he's got at least 2 cards), SB folds, BB folds, <font color="red"> I call $4 </font>, UTG+1 folds

2 to the flop

Flop: (Pot: $12.5) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> I check </font>, villain bets $5, <font color="red"> I call $5 </font>

Turn: (Pot $22.50) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">I check </font>, villain bets $5, <font color="red"> I raise to $15 </font>, villian calls $10

Turn: (Pot $52.50) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> I bet $74.90 all-in </font>

What do you think?

Jazza 08-10-2005 02:32 AM

Re: Bluff against a super-lag

if you are going to call OOP with KQo i give it up without help on the flop, in my experience trying to bluff a guy like this is -EV

08-10-2005 02:40 AM

I would have folded on the flop. Its aggrivating watching a guy run the table by using his stack size to hammer everyone but you don't have to be one to beat one.

erc007 08-10-2005 03:34 AM

When I saw the subject heading...I knew this was a bad play.
Although the texture of this flop is very good for a you to make a big move, this (super LAG) is the worst player to make it against. I think if you do make a move, your best play is to push when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits on the turn. It looks like his call (of your turn raise) indicated that he had the Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (probably with a King.)

fuzzbox 08-10-2005 04:30 AM

Make it 20-25 on the turn and then push, you want to make it worthwhile if you can.

elus2 08-10-2005 04:37 AM

why would pushing the turn be better? LAGs don't fold nutflush draws and ace high beats king high.

fuzzbox 08-10-2005 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I saw the subject heading...I knew this was a bad play.
Although the texture of this flop is very good for a you to make a big move, this (super LAG) is the worst player to make it against. I think if you do make a move, your best play is to push when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits on the turn. It looks like his call (of your turn raise) indicated that he had the Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (probably with a King.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you frequently push all your chips into a small pot when you hit your flush ? If you do not do this, then it is NOT a good play to do it here. If you do, then you probably dont get paid enough on your flushes after you draw to them.

SideCash 08-10-2005 06:55 AM

Yah that river bet is going to -ev. Looks a little desperate and you have no idea what he's on.

08-10-2005 07:01 AM

Seems like you're on tilt.

yvesaint 08-10-2005 09:43 AM

River push does NOT look like a made flush. It looks like a missed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a TP or something like that. If you want to bluff, I suggest 1/2-2/3 potting it on the river, but I think this was a bad place to bluff to begin with.