Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   turn semibluff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362585)

donger 10-21-2005 04:46 PM

turn semibluff

I'm trying to snap out of a funk by hitting some whiffle-balls down in 2/4. Villain in this hand is 33/22/2.7 for about 30 hands of 4-6 handed play.

Do I gain enough fold equity on the turn (and river follow-through) to make this play worthwhile?

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>..

TStoneMBD 10-21-2005 04:56 PM

Re: turn semibluff

i think i prefer calling the turn. it looks like he definitely has a pair at this point and alot of players will checkfold the river after youve called the turn and they are just full of it, maybe not this type of player though. id be too worried that he 3bets the turn to make the raise, but its really close.

interesting hand.

steaknshake925 10-21-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like he definitely has a pair at this point and alot of players will checkfold the river after youve called the turn and they are just full of it

[/ QUOTE ]

so are you suggesting betting the river UI if he checks to you?

donger 10-21-2005 05:02 PM

Weird that you think he has a pair. That is, unless you mean a pair of threes.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I thought this turn donk screamed 'I HAVE A FOUR.'

RE: check-folding, If I were this guy, I would follow through on the river. The board is so draw-heavy, I don't think you should bluff the turn if you aren't willing to follow-through on the river.

Danenania 10-21-2005 05:03 PM

Don't like it. When an aggressive player check/calls in a HU unraised pot I get pretty worried. I expect his turn bet to be a bet/3-bet attempt a sickening percentage of the time and I don't see him folding anything.

Danenania 10-21-2005 05:04 PM

Wouldn't he just lead a 4 on the flop?

TStoneMBD 10-21-2005 05:05 PM

im pretty confident that an aggressive player like that at these levels is rarely ever checkcalling the flop and betting the turn with a 4. hes going right at it on the flop.

donger 10-21-2005 05:09 PM

I think he could easily have overcards also. A lot of retards will peel loosely, then see the board pairing as an opportunity to represent something. I kind of got that vibe here.