Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Andrew Black (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385952)

11-27-2005 01:46 AM

Andrew Black

Has anyone heard what he was holding besides the ace in the hand he lost to the set of kings? I'm thinking it had to be the other king..but haven't seen the answer anywhere.

daryn 11-27-2005 03:44 AM

Re: Andrew Black

almost no chance it was the other king

Photoc 11-27-2005 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard it's more like a 1 in 52 chance.

riverboatking 11-27-2005 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or more like a 1 in 46 chance.

sucks when your trying to be all witty and sarcastic and you fuc.k up the math huh?

whiskeytown 11-27-2005 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sucks when your trying to be all witty and sarcastic and you fuc.k up the math huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when some insufferable prick points it out.

RB

Nigel 11-27-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even that's not right.

man 11-27-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
given the information we have about the players, the probability is nowhere near this simple, if even possible to calculate.

Sponger15SB 11-27-2005 02:34 PM

Crap, and here I thought this OP was going to be about his multimillion dollar endorsement deal with kleenex.

sciencebeagle 11-27-2005 05:08 PM

I think its almost certain that he had the King of hearts. If I remember correctly, Hachem had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the flop came down Kxx with two hearts. This gave Hachem a set and Black TPTK with the nut flush draw. I think the only way Black could have called Hachems preflop raise and every street like he did until the river was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Tea_Bagger 11-27-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its almost certain that he had the King of hearts. If I remember correctly, Hachem had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the flop came down Kxx with two hearts. This gave Hachem a set and Black TPTK with the nut flush draw. I think the only way Black could have called Hachems preflop raise and every street like he did until the river was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it. In fact, I think Chad actually got it right when he predicted Black had a strong A. This seems even more plausible when you look at the action on every street (which wasn't Black calling KANTER all the way down). Kanter bets. Black, like the aggressive SOB that he is, raises it 4x the bet in a steal attempt. Kanter checks on the turn when he filled up and Black checks behind him, realizing that Kanter is going nowhere. Black then seems to make a crying call on the river when Kanter bets something like 1/7 of the pot. AQ/J/10 seems like the perfect fit. Also, his body language on the river call screamed a no pair/high-card crying call.

Anyone agree?