Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   A more retarded hand of PLO8 you wont see in a long time. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380943)

Ribbo 11-18-2005 11:41 AM

A more retarded hand of PLO8 you wont see in a long time.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=170789

I want you all to name (remembering to use the EV odds calculator on the page) all the mistakes made by all the players on this hand, because there were some huge ones to say the least. I don't believe I've had such a big edge on the flop before as this 4 handed, to end up with nothing, despite even on the turn having a bigger equity than the two guys who thought they just "hit". Hehe, it's wasn't even like I slow played it on the flop though. I'm more than happy to have people say I played it badly on the turn (even though you're wrong!), but you need to back up your statements rather than just saying "cuz u sux".

hachkc 11-18-2005 12:03 PM

Re: A more retarded hand of PLO8 you wont see in a long time.

Undoubtedly, the biggest mistake was the limp in MP with AA23; that basically changed the entire hand. If he pots it, A365 may make a weak call or fold on the button, K653 probably folds and you may fold OOP unless its heads up.

After the flop hits, everyone has caught just enough of the flop to probably hang around even for a pot sized bet. Obviously, I don't know the players so this may be wrong or right.

As for the turn, I would say your All-in call is kind of weak as you are only playing for 1/2 the pot at this point unless you are expecting the other 2 to drop. I assume you didn't want to see 2 more callers. With 4 callers, I'd guess you figued you were beat and needed a river card for anything. Based on the hands, I can't see anyone getting away from this point at this point. Its just one of those odds times where everyone hit something in their hand that they won't get away from.

Feel free to critique.

Ribbo 11-18-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After the flop hits, everyone has caught just enough of the flop to probably hang around even for a pot sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no, no. This is the biggest error right here and one I was hoping to point out. It is players terrible recognition post flop of what a good or bad flop is for them that makes losers what they are. The guy with 356 has 4% equity on the flop. The guy with A356, has 8%. You should never chase a straight on a flop where there is likely both a better low draw out and a flush draw (plus you have no pair anyway for high!). Straights are for suckers!
On the turn, I still have 25% equity 4 handed, so with the money already in the pot, I only need 20% to make it a good call. Even if one guy folds, my equity stays the same and at the bare minimum for a correct call should I be beaten for both high and low. If i'm not beaten then it's much higher, but it's really difficult to go under 25%, would require someone to have a higher set and a better low.
Yet again I reinforce that A356 on a 47x flop with 2 to a flush out in a loose game where nobody folds, is junk. You have nothing more than a gutshot for a low half of the pot, and you have to dodge an insane amount of bullets to make your straight and have it good on the river. That's why he was 8% on the flop to win.

Mendacious 11-18-2005 01:10 PM

Your equity goes way down if someone had KK, which is not an unreasonable holding with that many players in. I think you need to adjust your analysis for this possibility. Which would leave you with only 10 outs to half the pot. Depending on what you think the odds are someone holds KK, this will determine whether your play is a -EV or +EV play on the turn. The way I see it you need approximately 17 outs to make your call. If you think there is a greater than 20% chance that someone has KK, than your play was -EV.

Of course I would not have automatically assumed at that point that someone had the straight, maybe 75% or more sure that someone had it. So its that makes it pretty close to an even money expectation for you to have if you call.

11-18-2005 03:06 PM

A775? I don't think I would've played it under the gun, even with the ace being suited. Other than that I probably would've played it the same way.

11-18-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A775? I don't think I would've played it under the gun, even with the ace being suited. Other than that I probably would've played it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

jthegreat 11-18-2005 04:07 PM

Ribbo likes to post hands where he makes questionable plays. I think this is an attempt to get all of us to play worse, therefore (in theory) making him more money.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ribbo 11-18-2005 08:48 PM

Two points, 1: position is irrelevant in games where everyone shoves. A577 utg is just the same as A577 on the button. 2: If you want to be a profitable player you have to play very loose preflop for 1 bet and recognise every flop where you have a good draw and fold the rest. Why would I ever want to fold A577 preflop for 1 bet when I can put $200 more in post flop 4 handed against people with 4% equity on the flop? The reason I win is I'm better post flop than other players. You however aren't, so yeah you shouldn't play it post flop.

11-18-2005 10:23 PM

I'll point out what I see was wrong then I'll note that overall I'm a loser at PLO (due to one heck of a streak at getting unlucky in big pots--If I get beat in another one by another crazy runner runner or gutshot straight by someone only drawing to that when I've got the nuts plus good redraws I'll officially go nuts) *I will also note I'm a good winner at the rest of the games I play (7 stud, Omaha H/L and holdem)* (It doesn't make sense to me to be a winner in H/L and not in omaha without a freakishly bad run of luck?)

Anyway, here we go
Mistake 1--AA23 guy didn't raise preflop
Mistake 2--AA23 guy calling a bet and a raise with only the nut low draw and a backdoor flush draw (when it's more than possible he'll get quartered) [and it's obvious AA is beat]
Mistakes 3&4--two guys calling with a wrap when a good portion of those outs make a flush--also not realizing someone else probably has similar cards killing even more outs and potentially making another quartered pot because any straight card that hits ALSO MAKES A LOW FOR SOMEONE ELSE!
Mistake 5--CP calling two allins with only an A2--I would have been the heck out of here on the flop because a lot of people chase that nut low. Too easy for him to be quartered.
Mistake 6--fourth guy calling an allin when it's pretty freaking obvious at least one (if not more) person has the same nut straight and he has no redraws.
Mistake 7 (this is out of order) K356 guy bets with only top pair and a draw with a bunch of guys acting behind him who probably have that beat.

That turn really killed you but with the $ in and entering the pot you have to call there. Way too much equity with a set and a nut flush draw. If only the jack came first...

Although equity does go way down if someone has KK... KK usually doesn't smooth call on the flop there.

I'm sure I didn't see enough mistakes though. (I'm not counting preflop calls though)

11-18-2005 10:34 PM

Ribbo, I used to respect you after following your posts in your own forum. At times, you supply great advice for all of us who aspire to be better than average at this game (OH8). But your arrogant replies to any critique that comes your way makes me lose most of the respect I ever had for you as a person. You might be a good, even great OH8 player, but in my opinion you are a weak discussion partner.

As for the hand in question, I would absolutely have made the call preflop (as I am a decidedly loose player preflop but an IMHO above average player postflop). The flop was great for at least half the pot and I think your raise was correct. But in a loose game, as you have stated this was a case of, I also think a 356 straight draw call was valid. K356 less so than A356 of course, as it has no chance of catching the nut low. As Mendacious pointed out before, someone might hold kk (and even a2kk), but your raise is still more than defendable. Come turn card, I think your shove was a case of disappointment-tilt; a combination of wanting to represent nut high and low, and of wanting to isolate a nut low/no high to heads up action in order to catch the deuce that could bust him. But even these things considered, it's not a terrible play, because come river card you might have one or more players quartered or worse. Considering the AA23 call on flop: would you have folded in a loose game? End note: my condoleances to a bad beat.

Good luck

Ribbo 11-19-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ribbo, I used to respect you after following your posts in your own forum. At times, you supply great advice for all of us who aspire to be better than average at this game (OH8). But your arrogant replies to any critique that comes your way makes me lose most of the respect I ever had for you as a person. You might be a good, even great OH8 player, but in my opinion you are a weak discussion partner.

As for the hand in question, I would absolutely have made the call preflop (as I am a decidedly loose player preflop but an IMHO above average player postflop). The flop was great for at least half the pot and I think your raise was correct. But in a loose game, as you have stated this was a case of, I also think a 356 straight draw call was valid. K356 less so than A356 of course, as it has no chance of catching the nut low. As Mendacious pointed out before, someone might hold kk (and even a2kk), but your raise is still more than defendable. Come turn card, I think your shove was a case of disappointment-tilt; a combination of wanting to represent nut high and low, and of wanting to isolate a nut low/no high to heads up action in order to catch the deuce that could bust him. But even these things considered, it's not a terrible play, because come river card you might have one or more players quartered or worse. Considering the AA23 call on flop: would you have folded in a loose game? End note: my condoleances to a bad beat.

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Earth to stupid guy.

356 had FOUR PERCENT EQUITY ON THE FLOP

How exactly is that good for a call in a loose or tight game? Of course my raise was good on the flop I had over 60% equity in a 4 handed pot. Nobody is ever going to hold KK here and see the turn that cheaply. I don't think you actually understand how rarely someone will have top set in omaha. My shove on the turn is because I still have a great hand. Omaha is a DRAWING game. Even if someone does have the straight, I still have enough equity to call, that's my whole point. I actually on the turn have twice as much equity as the guys with the straight, that means despite hitting they STILL should fold with their 12% to my 25%. If one of them fold that gives the other one odds to call.

11-19-2005 01:12 AM

My friend Ribbo, the point you are arguing [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yet again I reinforce that A356 on a 47x flop with 2 to a flush out in a loose game where nobody folds, is junk. You have nothing more than a gutshot for a low half of the pot, and you have to dodge an insane amount of bullets to make your straight and have it good on the river. That's why he was 8% on the flop to win.

[/ QUOTE ] is exactly why his call was valid!!! First off he's not 8% on the flop, but actually closer to 20% against all nut hands and draws. Which in fact makes it a good call according to YOU!! Even though you were a little over 40% on the flop, their calls were justified by the implied odds in a loose game as described. Yeah it sucks loosing with a "baby monster", but be real. Don't whine when they draw out, isn't that the type of action you want? Especially since you're such a superior player after the flop.

Your Admirer

Ribbo 11-19-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] is exactly why his call was valid!!! First off he's not 8% on the flop, but actually closer to 20% against all nut hands and draws. Which in fact makes it a good call according to YOU!! Even though you were a little over 40% on the flop, their calls were justified by the implied odds in a loose game as described. Yeah it sucks loosing with a "baby monster", but be real. Don't whine when they draw out, isn't that the type of action you want? Especially since you're such a superior player after the flop.

Your Admirer

[/ QUOTE ]

For a start HE HAD NO IMPLIED ODDS BECAUSE EVEN WHEN HE "HIT" HE IS STILL GIVING AWAY MONEY WHEN HE BETS. At no point in the hand did K356's equity go over 13% even when he had hit. If you cannot understand equity then why are you bothering to post? My equity on the flop was 63%, this means When people call the flop they are giving me 63% of the money they put in the middle. On the turn, despite the worst card hitting I am still 25.5% equity, in a 4 handed pot this means whatever I put in on the turn I will win back plus 25.5% of what is already in the pot from the flop. K356 was 12.2% on the turn, this means when he puts another $150 in on the turn, he will get back on average 12.2% of the $750 main pot working out at $91. IMPLIED ODDS DOES NOT EXIST WHEN YOU ARE SHOVING MONEY ON EVERY STREET WAY BEHIND. What he did on the flop was call with 4% equity because he had a shot at hitting a card that gave him 12% equity. My call all in on the turn of $150 gives me 25.5% of $750 main pot which is $188. If you cannot understand that despite the worst card hitting, my hand was still profitable you really should not play the game. This shows quite how powerful my hand was on the flop, that even when all the people chasing hit their card, they still are not in a position that is particularily good.

Please stop posting comments about things you know nothing about.

Ribbo 11-19-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll point out what I see was wrong then I'll note that overall I'm a loser at PLO (due to one heck of a streak at getting unlucky in big pots--If I get beat in another one by another crazy runner runner or gutshot straight by someone only drawing to that when I've got the nuts plus good redraws I'll officially go nuts) *I will also note I'm a good winner at the rest of the games I play (7 stud, Omaha H/L and holdem)* (It doesn't make sense to me to be a winner in H/L and not in omaha without a freakishly bad run of luck?)

Anyway, here we go
Mistake 1--AA23 guy didn't raise preflop
Mistake 2--AA23 guy calling a bet and a raise with only the nut low draw and a backdoor flush draw (when it's more than possible he'll get quartered) [and it's obvious AA is beat]
Mistakes 3&4--two guys calling with a wrap when a good portion of those outs make a flush--also not realizing someone else probably has similar cards killing even more outs and potentially making another quartered pot because any straight card that hits ALSO MAKES A LOW FOR SOMEONE ELSE!
Mistake 5--CP calling two allins with only an A2--I would have been the heck out of here on the flop because a lot of people chase that nut low. Too easy for him to be quartered.
Mistake 6--fourth guy calling an allin when it's pretty freaking obvious at least one (if not more) person has the same nut straight and he has no redraws.
Mistake 7 (this is out of order) K356 guy bets with only top pair and a draw with a bunch of guys acting behind him who probably have that beat.

That turn really killed you but with the $ in and entering the pot you have to call there. Way too much equity with a set and a nut flush draw. If only the jack came first...

Although equity does go way down if someone has KK... KK usually doesn't smooth call on the flop there.

I'm sure I didn't see enough mistakes though. (I'm not counting preflop calls though)

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is very rarely going to be in the hand. Too many players like Mendacious are actually aware of how often someone flops top set. It's not nearly as often as he tries to make out.

11-19-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your Admirer

[/ QUOTE ]

For a start HE HAD NO IMPLIED ODDS BECAUSE EVEN WHEN HE "HIT" HE IS STILL GIVING AWAY MONEY WHEN HE BETS. At no point in the hand did K356's equity go over 13% even when he had hit. If you cannot understand equity then why are you bothering to post? My equity on the flop was 63%, this means When people call the flop they are giving me 63% of the money they put in the middle. On the turn, despite the worst card hitting I am still 25.5% equity, in a 4 handed pot this means whatever I put in on the turn I will win back plus 25.5% of what is already in the pot from the flop. K356 was 12.2% on the turn, this means when he puts another $150 in on the turn, he will get back on average 12.2% of the $750 main pot working out at $91. IMPLIED ODDS DOES NOT EXIST WHEN YOU ARE SHOVING MONEY ON EVERY STREET WAY BEHIND. What he did on the flop was call with 4% equity because he had a shot at hitting a card that gave him 12% equity. My call all in on the turn of $150 gives me 25.5% of $750 main pot which is $188. If you cannot understand that despite the worst card hitting, my hand was still profitable you really should not play the game. This shows quite how powerful my hand was on the flop, that even when all the people chasing hit their card, they still are not in a position that is particularily good.

Please stop posting comments about things you know nothing about.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.blamonet.com/gallery/albu...Retard_Win.jpg

Mendacious 11-19-2005 03:33 PM

I assume you meant "unaware" not "aware". You will note, that I did not say what percentage of times I think KK is out there. I said that you need to factor into YOUR analysis how often YOU think KK would be out there based on how the hand was played, and IF, KK is out there MORE than 20 % of the times in this situation, the play is -EV.

What percentage of the time do you think KK is out there on this hand. That is all that matters.

11-19-2005 04:10 PM

That hand was so full of error that I dont even feel like scratching the surface. Sorry I know you wanted a lengthy reply, but, the damn hand speaks for itself. Geez.

Tex

(euphoria22)

11-19-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two points, 1: position is irrelevant in games where everyone shoves. A577 utg is just the same as A577 on the button. 2: If you want to be a profitable player you have to play very loose preflop for 1 bet and recognise every flop where you have a good draw and fold the rest. Why would I ever want to fold A577 preflop for 1 bet when I can put $200 more in post flop 4 handed against people with 4% equity on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

rimjob ribbo , how do you know youre going to be able to see the flop for 1 bet if youre calling utg?? Thats the whole thing about position if youre on the button yes you can play it for 1 bet, utg you dont know how much its gonna cost you until the blinds act.

11-19-2005 11:46 PM

Why don't you just simply ask your own mistakes? You were GAMBLING with potentially little edge on the flop, you were ENTIRELY gambling for half of it on the turn. This is not a winning player's attitude or plays, and when you win it's because you are against very poor players most of the time.

Good luck.

Ribbo 11-20-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just simply ask your own mistakes? You were GAMBLING with potentially little edge on the flop, you were ENTIRELY gambling for half of it on the turn. This is not a winning player's attitude or plays, and when you win it's because you are against very poor players most of the time.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this post is perfect for showing the ignorance of the general player in PLO8. In a 4 handed game, could you please explain how 63% equity is a "little edge" thanks. If you can successfully explain this, I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

Ribbo 11-20-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two points, 1: position is irrelevant in games where everyone shoves. A577 utg is just the same as A577 on the button. 2: If you want to be a profitable player you have to play very loose preflop for 1 bet and recognise every flop where you have a good draw and fold the rest. Why would I ever want to fold A577 preflop for 1 bet when I can put $200 more in post flop 4 handed against people with 4% equity on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

rimjob ribbo , how do you know youre going to be able to see the flop for 1 bet if youre calling utg?? Thats the whole thing about position if youre on the button yes you can play it for 1 bet, utg you dont know how much its gonna cost you until the blinds act.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying in your dumb stupid way is that when I limp in, everyone on the table should know I have A2. Sorry homeslice, wont happen. If you want to raise my utg limp then go ahead, because I might checkraise you with my AA2x. A winning player plays a lot of hands preflop, the only difference is he doesn't stick around on bad flops. I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.

Cooker 11-20-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this post is perfect for showing the ignorance of the general player in PLO8. In a 4 handed game, could you please explain how 63% equity is a "little edge" thanks. If you can successfully explain this, I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the flavor of Ribbo's post if not the delivery style. I think one of the keys to playing successful PLO8 is to be able to get better rough estimates of equity at the table than your opponents. I think the reason PLO8 is such a good game to be playing right now is that MOST opponents (even players that seem fairly solid for the most part) will not even be able to pick out favorites or estimate equity hardly at all if you give them all the hands face up for a given flop. If they can't come close face up, then how in the world are they going to have a prayer with the cards hidden.

Today I had a guy complain about my lucky hit for getting all in against him with Ac Kc Js 8s against his Jh Th 9s 7d on a board of Jc Tc 3h when I rivered the broadway. I am a 9 to 5 favorite when the money goes in, but he will just chalk it up to his bad luck and rebuy convinced he is a solid player. Can you imagine playing holdem and a guy thinking JT is a favorite over AK preflop? This is an equivalent mistake. If I turned my hand face up, that guy would have gladly put all his chips in the pot anyway, but would he do that with JT versus an exposed AK in holdem preflop? I doubt it.

11-20-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A single suited ace is 6% to hit a flush by the river (including paired boards). It has a 119-1 chance of flopping a flush.

So, with a single suited A you're adding <6% (probably around 5%, including paired boards) to the value of your HIGH HAND ONLY. How is this 'gold'?

You basically played A577 with a few percent added to its equity. The only good flops you're going to get with any kind of playable equity are

- A flush draw on a high board (~5% of the time - hits 1/3 of that)
- A flush draw on a lo draw board (~5% of the time - is there even any equity here?)
- 77 set on a high board (probably your best bet - but less than 4% of the time)
- 77 set on two or three low board (~6% of the time, some equity, but very little long term profit when money is going in)
- 234[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're doing this for 'image' (like your posts), then fine. But don't claim it's profitable hand from EP.

Ribbo 11-20-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A single suited ace is 6% to hit a flush by the river (including paired boards). It has a 119-1 chance of flopping a flush.

So, with a single suited A you're adding <6% (probably around 5%, including paired boards) to the value of your HIGH HAND ONLY. How is this 'gold'?

You basically played A577 with a few percent added to its equity. The only good flops you're going to get with any kind of playable equity are

- A flush draw on a high board (~5% of the time - hits 1/3 of that)
- A flush draw on a lo draw board (~5% of the time - is there even any equity here?)
- 77 set on a high board (probably your best bet - but less than 4% of the time)
- 77 set on two or three low board (~6% of the time, some equity, but very little long term profit when money is going in)
- 234[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're doing this for 'image' (like your posts), then fine. But don't claim it's profitable hand from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it is a profitable hand from early position, in the right game and also in the right player. This isn't limit O8. In pot limit, 1 bet can go in while behind and 199 bets can go in post flop when ahead. That's why the hand is profitable.

11-20-2005 05:40 AM

I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

You already did, thank you for your kindness.

Ribbo 11-20-2005 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

You already did, thank you for your kindness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, that's exactly the reply I expected from someone retarded.

11-21-2005 01:43 AM

As easy as it may be to speak of equity in the pot and implied value of this hand "Post Mortum", you fail to recognize that most people don't play with their "Pokulator" running like you do. Yes you had an extreme advantage of equity and hand strength post flop, but as the hand played out no cards were revealed. Did your opponents know you had 2nd set and nut flush? Obviously NOT! Otherwise they would not have called the flop bet. Even a tard like you can make the easy laydown knowing they are an extreme dog going to the turn and river. Not all players use your skills of mathmatics while in a hand. You speak hastily with your remarks and retorts to comments made by others. Although you'd like to think you are All-mighty when it comes to Omaha, and maybe you are a superior player than most, it is a game of chance and gambling. Hence, bad calls and bets made by your opponents. And thus, "bad beats" given to you. And by the way, Pre-flop you were only about a 17% to come home. It's only a bad beat when you are a favorite preflop, not postflop. I never said you were wrong at any point in the hand, just that your opponent's call was justified from an objective view point. Remember once again, you are speaking about this hand from hindsight. This does raise anyone's Poker IQ at least 50 points, and in your case maybe an extra 100.

Still Your Admirer

benwood 11-21-2005 02:44 AM

Justifications of a crybaby. Ho,hum.

11-21-2005 12:12 PM

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=117594

Ribbo 11-21-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Took you a couple of days to trawl through all the hand histories I post to find that huh. Shame it has nothing to do with you, but nice try anyway.
I love the way people post anonymously to forums or newsgroups and somehow expect to be taken seriously. I can understand you wanting to remain anonymous though, wouldn't want the whole world to know how retarded you are eh?
Oh and by the way, if you're going to troll, try atleast posting something believable, you just get laughed at otherwise.

11-21-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, but why not just ignore him? I am from now on. I suspect the main reason he posts and draws attention to himself is getting rakeback from newbies who follow the trail and then naively sign up using his bonus codes.

BTW why is his site still in the FAQ? From what I can see, his entire site contains nothing but advertisements and attempts to get people to sign up using his bonus codes. The only poker content I can find is 10 commented hands of dubious value, and they aren't even prominently displayed on his site. Gergery's site contains all of his content and much much more without any advertising.

Other posters have to pay 2+2 to advertise their affiliate websites (even if they contain strategy content), Ribbo should too. If he adds some decent content (or even a couple of strategy articles), then fine. But as it is now he's just getting free advertising and providing very little in return.

beset7 11-21-2005 01:49 PM

This is a valid concern and one I have struggled with. I've put together an archived list of posts that concern me as well as the issue with linking to blogs/instructional web sites that contain commercial advertising and I will be going over it with Matt Sklansky. I've always been very hardcore on this (as ribbo can attest from our now multiple flame wars both here, in PM and in the PLO High forum) and have a very low tolerance for anything I perceive as overt and guerilla commercial advertising. With my biases in mind, I need to get a second opinion or two and then will act accordingly.