Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mirage Advice? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=73971)

Large Pizza 03-16-2004 01:33 PM

Mirage Advice?

Going to Vegas next month. Have been playing for about 6 months (party poker 1/2 2/4 and SNGs, a few multi table, some home tourneys, few trips to the river boat 4/8)

I'm staying at The Mirage and consider myself to be decent but not great (have read WLLH, HEPFAP, and TOP so far)

I'd like to play about 20 hours over my 3 days, should I play 6/12 instead of 3/6 to have a better attempt to beat the rake? Are their evening tourneys extremely difficult or worth playing? Should I try any other poker rooms? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]I consider my skills to be fairly even between NL and limit and tourney vs. ring. Bankroll isn't a huge factor.

Any advice is appreciated

Clarkmeister 03-16-2004 02:11 PM

Re: Mirage Advice?

Play the 10-20 if at all possible. The rake at the 3-6 is absurd and the 6-12 rake is extremely frontloaded (they take $2 out at $24 - horrible if the game isn't super juicy)

ElSapo 03-16-2004 03:02 PM

Clark (or anyone),

Can you give any loose comparisons, Party games v. Vegas games? Is the 10-20 at certain spots comprable to Party x/X or x/X?

Any generalities or specific ideas appreciated. I'm in the same situation, and looking to play higher than I do online when I'm there.

Thanks,

El Sapo

Gabe 03-16-2004 04:51 PM

The 10/20 is very soft.

You might like the nightly tournaments. I think they're a couple of hundred.

jayadd 03-16-2004 05:41 PM

can anyone come up with some formula between live and internet? I mean i get torched online 1-2 or 2-4 somedays and head to AC and clean up at the 10-20 or 20-40 at the taj. I am the believer that they really dont have much to do with each other. Your best bet is to find a table you feel comfortable at and play. Watch you opponents and survey the table(like you would do on line) and have fun.

Clarkmeister 03-16-2004 06:21 PM

I haven't played party, but the Mirage 10-20 is very similar to the Paradise 3-6 game.

DanS 03-16-2004 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played party...

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, dude, do you not like free money?

Dan

P.S. Will you be able to play at MB or MC drunkenly or at the Bellagio or Mirage sober when I'm in Vegas for Phish 4/13-4/17?

Sparks 03-17-2004 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 10/20 is very soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. I've been in some pretty agressive games there.

Sparks

Clarkmeister 03-17-2004 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played party...

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, dude, do you not like free money?

Dan

P.S. Will you be able to play at MB or MC drunkenly or at the Bellagio or Mirage sober when I'm in Vegas for Phish 4/13-4/17?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much prefer going to the show. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SinCityGuy 03-17-2004 06:24 AM

ElSapo,

Generally, the Mirage 10/20 plays about like Party 5/10. However, some nights it's much softer, and on rare occasions the game can get fairly tough (usually early in the week).

Last night, there were three human ATM machines at the game who were literally giving away money. One of them was live-straddling every round, and either raising or re-raising almost every time pre-flop (then check folding the flop). He went through two racks in about two hours. The other guys weren't quite as bad, but they were pretty horrible. I booked a huge win in the four hours I played, which was good because I had a big loss the night before on some brutal second best rivered hands.