Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Good luck charms (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=118248)

vetman81 08-30-2004 01:10 AM

Good luck charms

I know in the long run luck doesnt really matter, but in the short term it does to some extent. I was wondering if anyone had any good luck charms that they use/carry with them, and does it affect you psychologically if you dont have it with you?

daryn 08-30-2004 01:32 AM

Re: Good luck charms

i always bring my brain.

SevenStuda 08-30-2004 04:12 AM

Always?

steamboatin 08-30-2004 12:24 PM

Yes, but he dulls the edge a little before use. Everytime I see his photo, He is drinking.

RydenStoompala 08-30-2004 05:52 PM

I found that rubbing my hands on my girlfriend's behind worked well, but my wife took issue.

Xargque 08-31-2004 02:08 AM

I protect my cards with a craps die that I picked up at the Mirage gift shop. I've had winning sessions with it and losing sessions with it. I forgot it last time I went and had a winning session.

Clearly such things are silly. There may or may not be value in having a "trademark" like that. Anonymity may be more valuable if you play at the same place over and over. But I find a certain bit of confidence in always having the one (Ace) up over my hole cards (except when I have KK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

-X

chesspain 08-31-2004 02:15 AM

Go to Dr. Al's column in the February '06 issue of Cardplayer magazine to read about "Lucky Charms and Skillful Players."

TwoShedsJackson 08-31-2004 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to Dr. Al's column in the February '06 issue of Cardplayer magazine to read about "Lucky Charms and Skillful Players."

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be needing a time machine for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ddollevoet 08-31-2004 01:53 PM

I have a "lucky chip" that I bought on ebay. I know that it is just a token and luck doesn't play part on my game, but it serves a couple of purposes.

I use it to hold my cards on the table. Regardless of whether I am going to play or fold. It helps me make every hand a "routine", so I don't do anything different when I have AA or 72o.

It is also my equivalent of looking like a dork with sunglasses. People usually ask to see it, then look at me like I am on crack for having a lucky charm. The table image of being a dork who needs luck hasn't hurt me yet. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

chesspain 08-31-2004 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I used a current date some people might think that this article actually existed...yet.