Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do u win moore with AKs than AKo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399607)

12-16-2005 11:57 AM

Do u win moore with AKs than AKo?

I dont!
I average 4xBB with AKo and only 2xBB with AKs.

tripp0807 12-16-2005 12:11 PM

Re: Do u win moore with AKs than AKo?

AKo is my biggest winner.

My sample size is small.

I think yours is as well.

4_2_it 12-16-2005 12:13 PM

They are basically the same hand. You aren't getting paid off with your flush because you need Qxs to call your pre-flop bet and hit the flush. How often is that going to happen?

Morrek 12-16-2005 12:15 PM

The last month (my entire current database) I've lost almost 50 bucks with AKs, and won ~260 bucks with AKo. It's only 28k hands though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
50 and 100nl almost entirely.

12-16-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are basically the same hand. You aren't getting paid off with your flush because you need Qxs to call your pre-flop bet and hit the flush. How often is that going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the great draws AKs offers is whats costing me money. Preflop I play AKo and AKs the same according to standard 1a 4xBB + 1BB/limper. Postflop i bet ½-¾ pot with or without hit against one caller. Less frekvent semibluffs with two callers. If reraised I most often fold to rr unimproved. With AKs and flush draw I sometimes call sometimes rr a flop rr. I think I serioulsy need to discount the odds for my draw since I often will be up against sets or at least twopair. Hence the A and K "outs" are dubious and even the flus draw is questionable since a set will improve to full moore often then I will improve to flush. Even twopairs will improve 10% of the times.

A rr to cbet indicates strenght unless made by a notourious LAG bluffer.

12-16-2005 12:45 PM

I do think it has something to do with the flush drawing that makes AKs more of a liability.

Im at 11k at nl25 and 31 AKs and 106 AKo

AKs has cost me 1.93
AKo has made me 92.61

Big difference there, maybe sample size isn't big enough

theblitz 12-16-2005 01:04 PM

Have 297 AKs - profit of $205 - 1.14 BB/hand!
Have 824 AKo - profit of $431 - 0.96 BB/hand.

Of the hands that went to showdown, five of the AKs are a winner with a flush.

Either I know how to play them or I am a lucky b*****d.

Isura 12-16-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But people love to call PF raises with suited connectors, suited 1-gappers and many love any 2 suited. At the nl25-50, a flush is a flush to them.

DoomSlice 12-16-2005 01:09 PM

If great draws cost you money, you are definately doing something wrong.

DoomSlice 12-16-2005 01:10 PM

Flush draws and runner runner flush draws bail me out all the time... there is no way that AKo=AKs.