Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Best value out of this hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404218)

medaugh 12-23-2005 06:26 PM

Best value out of this hand?

Hero sits down in the BB. Have not seen even one hand at the table.

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , .
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Went for the c/r because...I don't know its cool. After the fact, my thought process was if I just call (hides my hand also), then I can check raise on the turn after everone has called a BB.
Turn: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Pretty scarry card. Standard lead out right.

River: (11.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

REALLY scarry card!! Check call right. What if UTG bets and CO raises, would you fold?

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

GTSamIAm 12-23-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Best value out of this hand?

I like everything but the flop check/raise. There's no reason to get fancy here multiway against bad players. And the answer to your last question, I would say yes. But because of your position I would argue that perhaps bet/folding is better so that situation can't come up.

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 06:51 PM

You don't check/call just because it's a scary card. You bet, because you'll get called by more hands than will bet at this.

Eeegah 12-23-2005 06:51 PM

I can't think of any time I would check/raise without being rather certain of who's going to raise.

moose47 12-23-2005 07:46 PM

I'm betting out the flop and hopefully going to war with someone that has an ace. I don't like checking the flop with a monster if I was the pre-flop aggressor. I would like this play a lot more if I had 55 and had just checked preflop.