Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Making sure I'm not a river wus in 6 max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349567)

QTip 10-03-2005 02:50 PM

Making sure I\'m not a river wus in 6 max

Just starting here so nothing on either player.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Lmn55d 10-03-2005 02:52 PM

Re: Making sure I\'m not a river wus in 6 max

yea, you're a wus. Bet the river. Fold to a raise.

bank 10-03-2005 02:53 PM

you wussy. bet.

baronzeus 10-03-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you wussy. bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus you have a straight draw.

gildwulf 10-03-2005 02:57 PM

This is an instavaluebet.

sweetjazz 10-03-2005 02:57 PM

Reasons against betting:
* You won't get paid off by a missed spade draw.
* Even bad players don't play too many hands with deuces.
* You don't know much about the aggression of the players, but UTG's open-limp suggests he may be passive enough to check-call the whole way with a T.
* Many hands that were helped by the J will go for a check raise on the river, so the checks are not necessarily clear indications of weakness. Also a passive player might just check call the river with a hand like QJ instead of betting out.

Reasons to bet:
* Many players are bad enough to call with a lot of hands that lose to 99, such as a pair of 8s, a smaller PP, A high.
* Many players would have found a raise or donkbet by this point with a hand that beats yours.

Honestly, I think the decision is close, so don't sweat it. I might push a razor thin value bet because of the last point, but there are a lot of reasons to check behind as well. I'd guess a value bet here is worth somewhere between 0.0 and 0.1 BB in Sklansky bucks.

PS - Hope you're pro/semipro career is still going well! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gildwulf 10-03-2005 03:01 PM

You must put in a sh*tload of hours to go pro at 3/6....

Derek in NYC 10-03-2005 03:03 PM

I play it the same.

EDIT: I see I'm out of line with some posters, so I'll elaborate. Busted draws and ace-high wont call, so for the bet to have value, you must put one (or both) of your opponents on an 8X, or a pocket pair like 77, 66, 55, or 33. Head up, I would bet. In a 3-way pot, I think the chances are too good that you are getting called by a T or J.

sweetjazz 10-03-2005 03:05 PM

Yeah I think that was the plan, but he hasn't updated his blog in a while. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The advantage of going pro at the lower limit is that you need a lot less investment capital to start with. For the lower rate of return, you nearly eliminate the chance of going broke due to a bad streak.

DMBFan23 10-03-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, if it were HU going into the river then I like betting a lot more.