Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What really pisses me off..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354614)

Trantor 10-10-2005 03:45 PM

What really pisses me off.....

...is when I and all these believers-in-God die I won't be able to say to them "I told you so".

10-10-2005 03:58 PM

Re: What really pisses me off.....

So true..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RxForMoreCowbell 10-10-2005 04:13 PM

I really think statements like this are what keep the "Atheists are just angry" argument around, and I'm glad I see so few non-believers make it here.

Trantor 10-10-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think statements like this are what keep the "Atheists are just angry" argument around, and I'm glad I see so few non-believers make it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you say but there is a sub-text to my comment other than frustration and anger.

sexdrugsmoney 10-10-2005 04:58 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
...is when I and all these believers-in-God die I won't be able to say to them "I told you so".

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice.

benkahuna 10-11-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sentence is [censored] up. Do you mean you'll be able to tell all the nonbeliever I told you so?

I'm assuming that's what you mean, but your sentence structure has failed utterly.

You can tell me you told me so and you might even be right. It would be dishonest for me to pretend I believe in something I don't.

bocablkr 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you are correct and I am in hell how do you know we won't meet?

Trantor 10-11-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I realised the ambiguity after posting but the statement is true in either case. I had mistakenly assumed my atheism was inherent in my statement but tbnat is not the case.

I am an atheist so I believe when I die my existance will have ended hence I will not be able to say I told you so.

If I am wrong then again it will hold true beacause it will be the theists saying I told you so to me!

bocablkr 10-11-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I realised the ambiguity after posting but the statement is true in either case. I had mistakenly assumed my atheism was inherent in my statement but tbnat is not the case.

I am an atheist so I believe when I die my existance will have ended hence I will not be able to say I told you so.

If I am wrong then again it will hold true beacause it will be the theists saying I told you so to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake, mis-interpreted your post. Understanding it now - I agree.

Bez 10-11-2005 12:05 PM

As an atheist, I'd love the God botherers to be right, they can rub it in my face all they like.