Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Limit vs. Spread Limit vs. No Limit - HELP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279249)

yoadrians 06-23-2005 09:02 PM

Limit vs. Spread Limit vs. No Limit - HELP

I am quite familiar with how a $3-$6 Limit table works.
I am quite familiar with how a $2-$5, $300 max NL table works.
I am quite CLUELESS with how a $2-$5 Spread Limit table would work.

Blinds? Betting structures?

Will be forced to play a little live spread limit on Friday, and I'd kind of like to know what I'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

UATrewqaz 06-23-2005 10:36 PM

Re: Limit vs. Spread Limit vs. No Limit - HELP

I think there are blinds, just like in any hold em game, however preflop and on the flop there is a fixed betting range (say the first range is 1-3) where you can bet/raise anywehre from 1-3. Turn and River it's a higher range, say 2-5. It gives you some flexibility on how much to bet, as opposed to fixed limit where you have none and no limit where you have infinite.

will33 06-23-2005 11:01 PM

My experience with $2-5 spread is that there are either 9 or 10 seats, only one two dollar blind (rather than a big and small) and you may raise the initial $2 blind to $7, reraise to $12 and so on to the cap. Basically, you have the option to bet from $2 to $5 each time. Timid players will usually bet two or three dollars, but hey, you're betting to knock folks out or sweeten the pot so get that $5 in there.

juanez 06-24-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My experience with $2-5 spread is that there are either 9 or 10 seats, only one two dollar blind (rather than a big and small) and you may raise the initial $2 blind to $7, reraise to $12 and so on to the cap. Basically, you have the option to bet from $2 to $5 each time. Timid players will usually bet two or three dollars, but hey, you're betting to knock folks out or sweeten the pot so get that $5 in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how it works in Colorado. Post in B&M for more strategy advice.

nervous 06-24-2005 05:36 AM

Sounds like you are going to a Rockford charitable games.

If you are, then I don't think they play 3/6 games there, the lowest I've heard of/seen is 5/10. They way they play the 2/5 spread game is with $1/$2 blinds, and then raising up to 7 and so forth. Nobody really bets anything but $5, otherwise you look weak.

The 2/5 NL 300 max game I have not tried but don't really like that you can only take 60BB into the game.

BTW, was anyone at the June 21st, rockford charitable games? I was sitting at the tightest live 5/10 table I have ever seen and the people would not stop talking about strategy and trying to sound smart. Was kind of wierd, had 4 hands in a row folded to the BB.

Now who was it?