Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PS 3/6 AJ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371200)

Scotch78 11-03-2005 05:05 PM

PS 3/6 AJ

My intention is to bet the river if checked to and fold otherwise.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Scott

krimson 11-03-2005 05:07 PM

Re: PS 3/6 AJ

I like it so far except for your river plan. I bet the river if checked to and call otherwise. Just finish the hand off wa/wb like you handled the turn.

FishHooks 11-03-2005 06:54 PM

Why not bet the flop, in hope for a free card/save money, because if someone holds the 9 they will probably go for the check raise on the turn if you bet at the flop, so if you dont hit an A or J you can take the free card on the turn depending on how many callers you go. If no one holds a nine you might pick up the pot on any of the remaining streets.

PokerSparky 11-03-2005 06:58 PM

SB's flop check smells rotten.

I would go ahead and call down a turn and river bet.

ErrantNight 11-03-2005 07:02 PM

intending to fold the river UI is terrible if you're calling this turn. particularly if you'd bet if checked to. call, bet if checked to.

11-03-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it so far except for your river plan. I bet the river if checked to and call otherwise. Just finish the hand off wa/wb like you handled the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perseus 11-03-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
intending to fold the river UI is terrible if you're calling this turn. particularly if you'd bet if checked to. call, bet if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you gotta call the river here if they bet into you.

Nick C 11-03-2005 08:27 PM

I really doubt you're getting checked to on the river.

The turn is difficult, because you do have sufficient outs against AQ. You don't quite have enough outs against AK, but it's close. However, if SB decided to get cute with KK on the flop or suddenly got scared with 77, then you are ahead. Both of those possibilities seem pretty unlikely though, and actually I'm not ruling out the case 9's and case aces. AJs and worse aces are possible too but not especially probable (though I'm not ruling out A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).

Anyway, I think your turn/river plan is all right, though of course you shouldn't fold on an ace or 9, and I wouldn't fold on a king either.

I'd probably call the river whether I improved or not, but I wouldn't expect to win (or even chop).