Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363007)

rhizome 10-22-2005 10:27 AM

Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

Has there been a change to the way Absolute calculates MGR? I know the general consensus is that bonuses do not effect their MGR, but when I check my stats from my affiliate every day is about $50 less than the Total Rake / Average Players Per Hand. I'm also clearing about $50 worth of bonuses a day.

rt1 10-22-2005 10:32 AM

Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

from what i know they do not subtract bonuses from MGR. however, about 2 or so months ago a few affiliates were complaining that the way they calculate MGR is very 'screwy'.

-ryan

Sniper 10-22-2005 11:08 AM

Make sure you are using the latest pokertracker patch [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

rhizome 10-22-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you are using the latest pokertracker patch [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I fixed that problem. Things are still screwy for me.

10-22-2005 03:55 PM

Pokertracker shows my MGR on Absolute as $500, Absolute tells my associate it's only $110.

So I'm in the same boat as you are.

Sniper 10-22-2005 06:52 PM

poppa,

It may just be that absolute is slow in getting updated data to your affiliate. Not all sites provide daily updates.

StellarWind 10-22-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may just be that absolute is slow in getting updated data to your affiliate. Not all sites provide daily updates.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolute provides daily updates.

My first-ever hands were played evening of 10/17. I had positive MGR in the 10/18 report to my affiliate. I continued to play and each daily report since then has shown additional MGR on my account.

Does anyone know the cutoff time that a hand must be played by to be reported the next day? Absolute is on Eastern time.

I have the PT patch for Absolute returned bets and there are no bad hands in my DB. My reported MGR seems way too low and I am unable to get even close to reconciling it with my PT stats.

B1GF1SHY 10-22-2005 08:40 PM

Is there a possibility your affiliate is ripping you off?

pokerswami 10-22-2005 09:13 PM

From what I've read in another forum it seems that Absolute does a poor job of staying on top of it's MGR and rakeback statistics and paying when due. It seems that every month either the affiliate or the players are E-mailing Absolute to insure proper and speedy payments.

10-23-2005 06:25 PM

I haven't played there in a week, and the reported MGR has never caught up.

I don't plan on going back unless they fix this, as it's a tough site only made worthwhile by rakeback and bonuses.