Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   why is everyone whining (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399330)

yvesaint 12-15-2005 11:32 PM

why is everyone whining

how can you not win when there are people like this

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $10, 3 folds</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets $15, UTG calls $15.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets $10, Hero pushes 255.40 (All-In), UTG calls 141.20 (All-In).

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jh Th (two pair, jacks and tens).
Hero has Qh As (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins . </font>

12-15-2005 11:34 PM

Re: why is everyone whining

we're probably whining because we're playing for more than pocket change.

mittman84 12-15-2005 11:41 PM

i wish i was as rich as you and $200 is 'pocket change' anyway OP why the huge over bet on the river?

12-16-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish i was as rich as you and $200 is 'pocket change' anyway OP why the huge over bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill do this sometimes if i hit the obvious draw on the river. sometimes your opponent will think youre trying to bluff, since most fish tend to slowplay every frickin monster hand.

pokergrader 12-16-2005 12:06 AM

Easy game.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

SB has Ah 6d (one pair, kings).
Hero has Ts Ac (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>

bobbyi 12-16-2005 02:19 AM

wow

einbert 12-16-2005 02:29 AM

flop bet = wtf?

mikech 12-16-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy game.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
horrible preflop coldcall. yes it's a button steal and sb could be playing back with any ace, big king, or little pair, but cap it if you wanna play, give yourself the possibility of forcing out the button and getting it hu.

pokergrader 12-16-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy game.

[/ QUOTE ]
horrible preflop coldcall. yes it's a button steal and sb could be playing back with any ace, big king, or little pair, but cap it if you wanna play, give yourself the possibility of forcing out the button and getting it hu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I wanted to isolate with SB, who was a maniac. However, the PF cap was not the way. I know button will call a PF cap, and he might want to stick around in a bigger pot.

The plan was to either raise SBs bet to force Button out or bet out myself if he checked, forcing button to fear a checkraise from SB. Then once it was isolated, bet the whole way. River bet was for value, not a bluff.

Mempho 12-16-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP why the huge over bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that he surmised it would get called and he was right.