Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How to handle a pissed off dealer (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380049)

octop 11-17-2005 12:33 AM

How to handle a pissed off dealer

I was playing 2/5 nl at the Wynn and I won like a 12 dollar pot and didnt tip the dealer
Well for the next 15 minutes he kept dealing my cards very short to make me reach for them and I guess if I wasnt paying attention he would have mucked them.
How would you handle such a situation? (This was the last day of my Vegas trip but I would be playing for 6-8 hours more and didnt want to put myself into a bad situation incase I was ever involved in a big pot where the floor was called over)

shant 11-17-2005 12:35 AM

Re: How to handle a pissed off dealer

Tip when you win a pot?

Randy_Refeld 11-17-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well for the next 15 minutes he kept dealing my cards very short to make me reach for them and I guess if I wasnt paying attention he would have mucked them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you were sitting in an end seat and rather than risk your cards flashing he pitched them a reasonable sitance where you coudl get them without them flashing and you decided he was doing something to you on purpose.

tonypaladino 11-17-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tip when you win a pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Benoit 11-17-2005 12:53 AM

ask him to try to get them closer and pitch him a dollar when he does.

octop 11-17-2005 12:59 AM

It was definalty intentional
I won a decent sized pot a little while later and tipped him and magically my cards were able to reach me
However I feel like an [censored] for doing so
I wish I had come up with a better solution ( I think dealers who are good deserved to be tipped but a dealer who gets pissed at not getting a tip for a 12 dollar pot should not.)
I am not trying to start a tipping thread mearly asking how I could have handle the situation.

AngusThermopyle 11-17-2005 01:04 AM

Get your cards.
Look at them.
When you fold, put them where the dealer dealt them.
Let him reach.

Randy_Refeld 11-17-2005 01:04 AM

Dealers that actually do this sort of thin are a real PITA. They could get out an extra hand with the time they waste palygin games and make the $1 they feel they were stiffed.

Oblivious 11-17-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tip when you win a pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

or tip him even less. whack ass dealers who piss me off get stiffed indefinitly.

octop 11-17-2005 02:09 AM

Whoever suggested making him reach for my cards had the right idea
I tipped him l ater like an [censored] when I should have stiffed him
I guess I figured someone so petty might tell other dealers or the floor to screw me somehow

Almost every dealer there was very professional and dealt a good game and I tipped accordingly. There was one dealer who was very good and for some reason this evil short bitch seemed to have a problem with everyone. ON one hand the man to my left bet and he counted the bet and announced what it was while she was pondering a call. She then snapped at him, telling him she knew what the bet was and he was a terrible dealers and thats "all you can do in this world" and he didnt even call the floor let alone do somehting childish.