Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   St. Marys vs. Gonzaga (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=189518)

sicvic 02-03-2005 08:25 PM

St. Marys vs. Gonzaga

The Gaels look good here at +10. Even though this is a revenge game for Gonzaga, St. Marys has looked good on the road a couple weeks ago at Pepperdine and LMU. Gonzaga has not really impressed this year and are not blowing teams out like they used to. St. Marys looks like the more impressive team in the WCC. Any one got an opinion here?

tech 02-03-2005 08:29 PM

Re: St. Marys vs. Gonzaga

If I were going to bet this game, it would be on St. Mary's, as I think the line should have been 6. However, I ended up passing on it because I think the motivational factor for Gonzaga could make the difference between my line and the posted line. Good luck either way.

JupiterUWG 02-03-2005 08:40 PM

I have gonzaga -6 as part of a teaser...hope they can cover

Gallopin Gael 02-04-2005 04:26 AM

GO ST. MARY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, I know they lost (but covered the spread). Gotta play the role of proud alum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We'll get 'em in the WCC tourney.

Michael Jensen 02-04-2005 05:01 AM

I was a manager for the St. Mary's Basketball team for two years. Randy Bennett has done an incredible job as coach. Before his first year, St. Mary's had won 2 games in the previous year. Since then they have won 9, 15, and 19 respectively in his first 3 seasons. They are a much improved team. This was actually the first time I have taken action on them. I took the points for a nickel and went wire to wire for a nice 500 take minus the vig. Watch for St. Mary's in the WCC tournament this year, but watch out for their game at USF. They are also a very solid team. Go Gaels!

burgi 02-04-2005 01:30 PM

So many SMC alumns here! That's awesome! I also went to SMC, class of 2003!
I also think that the road game at USF will be a tough one! And, I'm looking forward to the game at Santa Clara! Can't believe that Santa Clara beat SMC at SMC!
We'll see how this season goes, but I do remember the year when they won just 2 games (my feshmen year, I think). That was just sad back then!

Gallopin Gael 02-04-2005 02:45 PM

Class of '97 and the year we actually made it to the dance and got our butts kicked when Brad "Big Continent" Millard got tired in the second half and Tim Duncan schooled us.

We had some good teams, but always got killed by this stupid little canadian kid at Santa Clara till the day he graduated. I wonder what happened to him? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I heard he played a little ball in the NBA. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

The President of the "I've Hated Steve Nash Longer Than The Rest Of You" anti-fan club.