Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ getting raised on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366808)

TheJunkyardGod 10-27-2005 06:18 PM

QQ getting raised on the flop

Literally the 4th hand i'm dealt.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Is it best to 3-bet now or wait until the turn. Also, are pocket jacks even to be considered?

cold_cash 10-27-2005 06:21 PM

Re: QQ getting raised on the flop

Yes (3-bet) and not yet (worrying about a set).

ArturiusX 10-27-2005 06:22 PM

3-bet. We have dead money/turn cards we hate.

10-27-2005 06:23 PM

In light of Button raising the pf raiser (you) on the flop and SB cold-calling the Button, I'm very concerned about set, 2-pair, and slowplayed AA-KK. I probably call down.

cold_cash 10-27-2005 06:26 PM

Boooo.

The Button probably has a Jack.

The SB probably has two cards.

ArturiusX 10-27-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In light of Button raising the pf raiser (you) on the flop and SB cold-calling the Button, I'm very concerned about set, 2-pair, and slowplayed AA-KK. I probably call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

VoraciousReader 10-27-2005 06:33 PM

I would 3-bet now while SB is committed to seeing the turn. I am not concerned about JJ yet.

Edit: No way am I calling down from here.

10-27-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boooo.

The Button probably has a Jack.

The SB probably has two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHH! You scared me. Lol. Okay, maybe it's the time of the year.

But, seriously, someone please explain why I shouldn't be a little wary here in light of Hero having represented a large hand pre-flop and on the flop, yet he gets raised and then cold-called ( and 2 more, including the raiser, are left to act behind me)? No joke, sorry.

ArturiusX 10-27-2005 07:07 PM

Button will probably raise top pair instinctivly. Button will probably put our hero on a single hand (as bad players regularly do) like AK and wants to punish him.

10-27-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button will probably raise top pair instinctivly. Button will probably put our hero on a single hand (as bad players regularly do) like AK and wants to punish him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But what about the SB, who cold-called? Also, at what point do you think you're most likely against a set, etc?