Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   An Experiment I Conducted Last Night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393230)

mother_brain 12-07-2005 04:29 AM

An Experiment I Conducted Last Night

I was wondering about the fire safety of cigarettes. I took a piece of printer paper set it on my dest and set a lit cigarette directly on top of it. I let it burn for about 5 minutes and it did very little to the paper. It certainly did not come close to starting a fire.

I found this pretty wild considering that a cigarette was meant to burn yet technology allows it to not start fires very well. It is interesting to notice how it burns in just such a way that it consumes itself without causing much heat around it.

Feel free to comment. Also feel free to conduct your own experiment and share the results.

ChipWrecked 12-07-2005 04:32 AM

Re: An Experiment I Conducted Last Night

I recommend smoking in bed.

craig r 12-07-2005 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering about the fire safety of cigarettes. I took a piece of printer paper set it on my dest and set a lit cigarette directly on top of it. I let it burn for about 5 minutes and it did very little to the paper. It certainly did not come close to starting a fire.

I found this pretty wild considering that a cigarette was meant to burn yet technology allows it to not start fires very well. It is interesting to notice how it burns in just such a way that it consumes itself without causing much heat around it.

Feel free to comment. Also feel free to conduct your own experiment and share the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking about doing an experiment like this, but I decided to watch Beavis and Butthead instead.

craig

mason55 12-07-2005 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend smoking in bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hole in my sheets from falling asleep while smoking a cigarette [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

mother_brain 12-07-2005 04:49 AM

And yet you did not burn in your sleep. Isn't it incredible!

Jeebus 12-07-2005 04:52 AM

I once lit a bottle rocket with a blunt while on mushrooms because I didn't think it would happen. It was pointing at my friend cuz I wanted to scare him. Things can start burning from a cherry.

On a side note one guy thought the bottle rocket went in his ear, another guy flipped his chair upside down and remained sitting in it, and I thought I burned off all facial hair holding onto the thing so it didn't go all over my house.

WackityWhiz 12-07-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once lit a bottle rocket with a blunt while on mushrooms because I didn't think it would happen. It was pointing at my friend cuz I wanted to scare him. Things can start burning from a cherry.

On a side note one guy thought the bottle rocket went in his ear, another guy flipped his chair upside down and remained sitting in it, and I thought I burned off all facial hair holding onto the thing so it didn't go all over my house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish this was videotaped... damn that sounds hilarious!

12-07-2005 04:58 AM

There's a little leprechaun that lives inside my head. He tells me to burn things.

edfurlong 12-07-2005 05:00 AM

I remember tossing a cigarette in a frisbee filled with gas when I was fourteen or so. Much to my disappointment it went out.

Screw you Hollywood! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

mother_brain 12-07-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember tossing a cigarette in a frisbee filled with gas when I was fourteen or so. Much to my disappointment it went out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shell Station [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]